Canon LTM Which Canon RF LTM body?

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
I'm definitely not saying that Canons don't have many redeeming qualities and some models are definitely worth using and enjoying. I just don't see any material advantage to them over the Ms. With the Bessas being the spiritual descendants of the Canons, those work very well if one likes to manually switch frame lines and have excellent VFs and RF patches, with the added plus of fairly accurate TTL meters, something no Canon had. Also, I'm not sure about the minimum focusing distances of Canons. As most Canon RF lenses did not focus more closely than 1.0m. i sold my Canon RFs years ago and can't remember. The internet doesn't seem to have clear info on the subject

I used to not like the M3 too much because I'm not primarily a 50 shooter. But, man, those 35mm goggled lenses, where the 50 becomes the 35 frameline, are just great.

Edit: Also my Canon VIL and P (a black model) both couple down to 0.6m and the RF is accurate down to that too. No modification was made to the cameras by the way. The 7 stops somewhere a bit after 0.8m but still plenty close. The L1 is more conservative stopping a bit after 0.9m

Interesting, never tried that before on my P or 7. Both of mine stop just before 0.7m, at least on the one lens I tested.

IMG_2851.jpg

On a IIIG it stops just after .9.

Shawn

Considering that the OP's original question is "Which Canon RF LTM body?" we're sure getting a lot of posts from enthusiasts of a a particular non-Canon, non-LTM option. If someone had told him he should buy a Leicaflex instead, we could have had the hat trick: non-Canon, non-RF, non-LTM.

I've had Canons 7SZ, P and L2. I've only kept the L2. For me its combination of finder and small size were the reason it won over the other two Canons I tried. The 7sz lost out to my M2 as it offered no advantages to me

Back