Which is your favorite FSU "normal lens" and why?

Which is your favorite FSU "normal lens" and why?

• Industar 22 (50mm f3.5)

Votes: 38 6.9%
  • Industar 50 (50mm f3.5)

Votes: 29 5.2%
  • Industar 26 (52mm f2.8)

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • Industar 61 (52mm f2.8)

Votes: 91 16.5%
  • Jupiter 8 (50mm f2.0)

Votes: 249 45.0%
  • Jupiter 3 (50mm f1.5)

Votes: 146 26.4%
  • other

Votes: 38 6.9%

• Total voters
Long ago I voted for the Industar L61, but I must admit I only kept the J3 after all these years and sold all the others.
Most used lens on my FSU camera however was a Leitz lens: the 35mm 2.8 Summaron in LTM.

Zorki 4K repair & cla VI
by Ron (Netherlands), on Flickr

Wow! The lady and the trump! :) A really expensive lens on a five dollar body!
(no sarcasm, just awe. I love Zorkis and FSUs and I am saving for a summicron)

I-22 in Zorki-Zorki on Fuji 400

pass%20pilings.jpg

My FSU lens experience is pretty thin.
I own a Jupiter-8 that is currently tripping around the USA on a project, and last week I got this Industar-26m.
I really like the I-26m; handling on my X-E1 is excellent and the few pictures I shot so far have a nice "feeling" to them.
In fact the lens is coming with me to Disney (the grandkids) tomorrow.

Instar26.jpg

Industar-61 panda
Haven't tried any others, but don't see how they could be better.

To imagine it costs 15$ ... seems like there isn't anything with better price/performance ratio out there.

gHS1c85.jpg

4rZVw76.jpg

Rj2sMEn.jpg

I just received an I61 today and I can't believe that a $19 lens is this good. I was prepared for decent optics but crappy build and I'm happy to find that both are pretty good.

It,s a hybrid 1959 J3 for me , with genuine Contax body on the M8 .( Brian Sweeney )
I don't need another 50 , but a Fed collapsible is outstanding .
Around 66 with crop factor , which is fine by me , otherwise a 35mm f2.5 Color Scopar which approximates 50

Its not so easy to say. Nearly all FSU 50s are well usable if they are in good condition.
The J8 and J3 are early Sonnar types. For me the J8 makes the race because f/2 on the
rangefinder is quite enough shallow depth of field that I seldom use.
I´ve made a comparison with my Summicron M 50 years ago and there was nothing to write
home about that the Summicron did better.

But the Industars are performing very well, too. Good contrast in nearly every light and easy
to use. A collapsible Industar on a small Zorki or FED is a great performing setup for extra small money.

I have a FED 50mm f/3.5 (used to some extent by me), an Industar-26M f/2.8 (very seldom used), a non-collapsible Industar-50 f/3.5 (possibly never used by me?), an Industar-61 f/2.8 (used to some extent) and a Jupiter-8 f/2 (more used).

I think I'll vote for the Jupiter-8 although the Industar-61 and FED also have their uses.

industrial 61ld - for fast films
Jupiter 3 - for slow films and twist
jupiter 8 - sometimes
industrial 50 - one gave it to a friend and he wears it on Koniса), although there are relatives

Back