which photographer would you want to talk with?

David Alan Harvey..........I was lucky enough to "bump" into him on the streets of Bangkok and I had no idea that it was DAH....after talking to him for a while and hanging out with him I realized he was a super cool guy.......we talked a lot about photography and shooting in Bangkok in general......good times, good times....

Sebastiao Salgado would be my 2nd choice, but I also met him a long time ago in California......both of them were super cool guys............

as far as RFF goes, Simon, Helen, Jon Manjiro, Roland Federer , Raid and a lot of others that I would love to sit down and have a chat with.......so many great people here....

cheers, michael

Lots of names given, good resource for one like me who has done lots of shooting/printing but too little time to properly appreciate what the greats have done.

Perhaps not quite so famous, but I'd jump at the chance to talk with Helen Hill and Marek Fogiel, two members whose images I really connect with.
Cheers and keep shooting.
Denton

Tina Modotti, she was a great artist, an interesting person and sexy as hell. I'd spend the day talking to her and photographing her.

by the way what is a decreased photographer :)

A friend of mine says to make sure your heroes are dead. That way, they can do nothing more to disappoint you. However, I will make an exception for one living photographer, B.A. (Tony) King. Spoke to him briefly once by phone, have exchanged a few letters, and would love to spend much more time with him.

His books are gems. https://bytonyking.com/index.php

I would choose Helmut Newton and bug him to let me assist for a year.
After that go and "worship" Bettina Rheims and Ellen Von Unwerth.
Lastly, Ralph Gibson.

I would love to talk to Lee Miller because she was hot, had style and knew a lot of artistic people such as Man Ray and Picasso.

no one in particular, but I think I'd like to be eggleston, every video I've seen he looks super relaxed, just walking around taking photos of whatever. I'm jealous.

I would loved to chat with Edward Weston. I was very fortunate to chat with Brett Weston at length. Also love to talk with Dorothia Lange, Margaret Bourne White and Gordon Parks.

Great answers.

We're not talking about the chick from Scandal are we?

Being a punk rocker I expect she's been throu a few scandles. Now sure i know what you mean. you lost me. I'm referring to Patti Smith the punk rocker from 70's 80's era. Girlfriend of Robert Mapplethorp. She is really a better writer, singer than she is a photographer but just listening to her explain the aspects of why she photographs to me would be quite interesting.

http://www.artinfo.com/photo-galler...horpes-slippers-and-other-obscure-arts-relics

Alfred Eisenstaedt, a man who went through many of the important events of the 20th century, photographed a wide variety of subjects, and knew some amazing individuals.., he wasn't a bad photographer either

Back