who is shooting with a sony rx1?

Let's revive this thread.
Just got a new to me RX1 with EVF and some other stuff yesterday and I am planning a "shootout" with my X100T in the following weeks. I like shooting with available licht and i took some pictures (JPG's) yesterday evening at a family diner and IQ looks a notch better than the X100T. Time will tell and I have to master PP as well. My aresenal contains 5 camera's at the moment, the other 3 are the Fuji XP1 and XT1 and the RX100M3 as the "always carry a camera" camera

Enjoy your new camera

Enjoy your new camera

Good luck learning your way around the RX1. You mention needing to master PP, and what struck me with the Sony more than my M9 when I got it, was how the larger files were easy to work with. That may be because I struggled a bit at first with some of my X-trans files during that time after selling my M9.

I haven't abandoned the smaller sensor cameras either though and find in some circumstances my results are equal to or better what i pull out of the Sony. Not saying IQ is better but a combination of factors that contribute to a better overall end result. It's nice to have both, and I particularly love the shallower DOF available with the combination of full frame and the 35mm FOV than the RX1 offers!

David

It's the new forum name. RX1 discussions (and all other fixed-lens Sony cameras) go under NEX.

I don't know what APC means, perhaps it's short for APS-C.

It's never too late, now that prices have gone down substantially I jumped the gun and ordered a Rated "10" RX1r at BH. Also ordered extra battery, travel charger and Fotodiox hood. Excited to get this camera which has been in my radar since the RX1 came out just that the price was unreachable at that time.

Joe I have seen lower prices of RX1 and RX1r with lower ratings at BH, Adorama and KEH. Maybe it's time.

RX1's of any feather are excellent little cameras, and I shot with one for about a year before parting with it The focusing system left something to be desired, but they sure are easy to carry with great IQ. I'm currently working on a sinking fund to get an RX1Rii or maybe another RX1, as they're really nice and probably the best lens I've ever used.

Yes Huddy, The IQ is what has drawn me to the RX1r specially it has no AA filter (hype or not). As far as I've seen in the net from user experience, AF is not as quick as the M4/3 variants out there but not really slow poke or something like the X100 when it first came out. I can live with that, for those fast street shoots, my LX100 and GR can handle the challenge. I can have the 3 in a bag and carry less weight than a DSLR and lens.

Back