Would you buy a Leica X 113?

I would be more inclined to put that $$$ toward the purchase of the M-P.

That's where I was originally headed, but decided to side step and try the X 113. Now that I've been shooting with it for a few weeks, I'm currently of the opinion that I'll keep the M9, and may add the X Vario to my kit.

G

That's where I was originally headed, but decided to side step and try the X 113. Now that I've been shooting with it for a few weeks, I'm currently of the opinion that I'll keep the M9, and may add the X Vario to my kit.

G

Sort of what I did Godfrey. I had the idea I'd buy a new T, but for a variety of reasons couldn't even see one in the flesh working locally.

Threw my toys out of the pram, and was about to buy a new Sony A7s until my darling wife insisted I get a Vario, to accompany the X1.

Vario arrived a few days ago, about I haven't had the time to even try it, but will, this weekend.

No M9 here, but am on the lookout for a budget M8, so similar paths.
Gary

Godfrey, do you use it with the EVF or without?

Both. My usual configuration is with an OVF, AF on Face Detect: I've been delighted with how accurately the X manages to lock in on the correct subject plane in most cases. When I need more accuracy for complex or odd angle shooting, I either use the LCD or the EVF.

G

After shooting a few photos today with the X113, I have to say I'm very pleased. The IQ, or output in jpeg hi contrast nails it for me.

I miss that look I got with my M8 shooting B&W. This is has made me want to keep the settings on the X113 to only shoot B&W. I will shoot my X-Pro & XT1 for color.

The Arte di Mano half-case that I ordered for the Leica X typ 113 has arrived.

It fits beautifully and really enhances my grip on the camera: makes it very secure and easy to work with.

G

Godrey, that looks great, how much do the case and finder cost?

Thanks!

The Arte di Mano case is $265 from Leica Store Miami. It's available in several colors.

The finder is the Leica X1 Brightline Finder, $296 from B&H Photo. (The Voigtländer 35mm Brightline finder for about $90 less works well too; the Leica finder provides a bit more precise framing and is easier to see the framing marks with my glasses on.)

G

Back