X-Pan problems, who can fix it?

Kevcaster, I was just wondering if you had any more problems with your Xpan after having it repaired?

It is working perfectly and now has 2300 actuations. It remains very quiet and seems to be fine in all respects. I noticed some erratic exposures on two rolls I took directly after the repair, the exposures have settled down and are now consistent roll to roll. I think my meter underexposes slightly and so I set the ISO at half the stated value, it may be that Fuji programmed it for side film which like to get exposed for the highlights. These cameras are now quite old and the motors will be working against old and dry lubricants, I would point the finger at this as the cause of many problems.

Les Victor were excellent and seemed to have the parts needed.

Others users have often given up on the format after an initial love affair with the widescreen view. I think that is why so many of these cameras change hands. I am still in love with the format and feel both comfortable with the view and able to exploit it. See my Flickr album for a selection of images mostly taken in urban areas. I'm not a very good landscape photographer and so am not drawn to using the X-Pan in the countryside.

It is working perfectly and now has 2300 actuations. It remains very quiet and seems to be fine in all respects. I noticed some erratic exposures on two rolls I took directly after the repair, the exposures have settled down and are now consistent roll to roll. I think my meter underexposes slightly and so I set the ISO at half the stated value, it may be that Fuji programmed it for side film which like to get exposed for the highlights. These cameras are now quite old and the motors will be working against old and dry lubricants, I would point the finger at this as the cause of many problems.

Les Victor were excellent and seemed to have the parts needed.

Others users have often given up on the format after an initial love affair with the widescreen view. I think that is why so many of these cameras change hands. I am still in love with the format and feel both comfortable with the view and able to exploit it. See my Flickr album for a selection of images mostly taken in urban areas. I'm not a very good landscape photographer and so am not drawn to using the X-Pan in the countryside.

Some really great shots in that flickr album. Do you use the 45mm lens primarily?

Some really great shots in that flickr album. Do you use the 45mm lens primarily?
Thanks Ted, yes I only have the 45mm lens. I bought a 35mm PC-Nikkor to try out with an adaptor but it vignettes more than I like and I have grown used to the 45mm view. It's a fine lens and has a rather wonderful way of rendering shots against the light, the shadows seem not to block up.

Back