X-Pro vanishing hysteria

clicker

Well-known
Local time
12:24 AM
Is it my imagination that the X-Pro hype is in sleep mode and we are in a lull
just waiting for it's release to ignite the fire?
Or have the flames of passion been reduced to smoldering ashes as passions often do?

We are all getting tired. Fuji, followed by Nikon, then Olympus, Canon soon.

It has been pretty busy.

After the initial flurry, there hasn't been any new information and not that much in the way of new sample photos out in the wild. Nothing new to talk about, less hysteria on the forums.

Too many nice cameras coming out in the following months. X-pro is neither the best nor the cheapest.

Well, it's a very different beast to the manual metering, manual focus cameras people here seem to like. The manual focus of the X100 seemed to dissapoint most, and perhaps expectations for the Pro are now limited. Other things matter though. The Pro seems much more like the average DSLR.

Maybe we'll see more interest when the M-mount adapter is tested by someone.

One more thing: anyone heard anything about the new flash? I'd like to know if it's compatible with the X100.

It's just the calm before the storm.

Once they finally release a ship date in the States, the momentum will start to build

I'm not sure sure that the hype will build to the level of the X100. This camera isn't really anything other then an M8 in Japanese clothing. And it will cost around the same as a used M8.

And what's the big deal about an M-mount adapter? Does anyone who loves the rangefinder really want to manually focus on a EVF? If you want M lenses, get an M8.

I'm first on the list at Precision Camera to get one of these but I'll be surprised if I keep it very long.

I'm with you on the M-mount thing...I can't see it being much fun to focus them on the X-Pro 1 if it's anything like the X100.

I love my X100, but I think that's as far as Fuji is taking me as a customer. I was excited initially, but am less so the more I think about it--the price was a big failure on Fuji's part, IMO. It's damn near 2x the NEX-7 or OM-D, and 3x some of the MFT cameras out there, which are all very capable.

But that's just me.

I'm not sure sure that the hype will build to the level of the X100. This camera isn't really anything other then an M8 in Japanese clothing. And it will cost around the same as a used M8.

And what's the big deal about an M-mount adapter? Does anyone who loves the rangefinder really want to manually focus on a EVF? If you want M lenses, get an M8.

I'm first on the list at Precision Camera to get one of these but I'll be surprised if I keep it very long.

The M8 has lousy ISO performance above 800, has a very noisy shutter, has a annoying need for IR filters, and still costs $500 more than the Fuji.

The M8 has a real rangefinder, but the decision between the two is far from being a slamdunk in favour of the M8

There was never all that much to say until the camera was released, but there was a lot of hyperventilation!

Not from my perspective. The news of a new compact system with an entire new lineup of lenses was pretty thought-provoking for me. Not surprised at all that it generated that much interest/excitement. Can't wait to get mine.

I'm with you on the M-mount thing...I can't see it being much fun to focus them on the X-Pro 1 if it's anything like the X100.

I love my X100, but I think that's as far as Fuji is taking me as a customer. I was excited initially, but am less so the more I think about it--the price was a big failure on Fuji's part, IMO. It's damn near 2x the NEX-7 or OM-D, and 3x some of the MFT cameras out there, which are all very capable.

But that's just me.

I'm with you! Totally agree.

They need to release a bank of samples from all the lenses, something great, the current crop has not grabbed me like the X100 did. At least not $1700 worth of grab :)

I think it's like Christmas. We know it will come. The confidence in the worth of the X-Pro 1 had its foundations in the X100 which more than delivered on the hype. So we don't need to wonder and discuss, just wait.

Back