your real life one camera one lens kit...

In "real life"I'm blessed to have a choise Mostly the camera will be a Canon P, but the urge to tote my Bessa-R . Lenses also come with choices. Some days it's a Jupiter-3 another day it may be a Canon1.8 doesn't much matter to me as I ,if limited to only one could be happy to only have either. Many here have some wonderful cameras. Just the names of some of the lenses sound like they must be expensive and sharp but me I'm content with what I have for now. There is currently a local film source in my town @.25 per roll, processing + a CD scan come in at about six bucks. Joe I know my reply may stray a bit but these are my tools, the ones I use for now.

Leica M4 w/Jupiter 3.

I'd go with a 35mm but my best 35mm is a VC 35mm 2.5 and I'm always short on light. Second choice would probably be my Autocord. Third would be an Olympus rangefinder (SP or RD).

I'll have to keep my Bessa R2. I've only briefly shot it with the Nokton 40/1.4, Jupiter 8 and just recently the Voigtlander 35/2.5 color skopar. I can't say which focal length I like the best yet. I am loving the 35 though. Just wish it was faster. I guess I'll go with the 40/1.4 though.

Before I stupidly sold it it would have been an M6-TTL + ZM 35/2.8 Biogon.

Right now it would have to be the S3 with 50/1.4 (both are the 2000 repro versions). I prefer 35mm on RF's but what are you gonna do?

If fixed-lens cameras were allowed in this thread it would be the Fuji GA645 by a mile - better quality than 135, closer to my preferred FL and with a built-in meter that the S3 lacks...

Used to be an M9 with 35 Lux pre-asph.

Now it's a Nikon SP with 3.5cm f/1.8. I absolutely love it and have no desire to go back.

Phil Forrest

M6 with 35mm CV Pancake - compact, like rangefinder cameras are supposed to be. Second choice would be my GXR with CV 15mm. Cheers...Tony

Mamiya 7II and a bag of lenses (every one made for the system). I do it for a living and am not going to limit myself to one wrench in the toolbox.

RD1S with CV 35/1.2 is my most used combo lately for digital. For film - Hexar RF with Hex 50/2 or 50/1.2.

i usually carry only one camera and lens. Sometimes an extra roll of film.The choice out of many, is always the M3 and collapsible Summicron.
i guess if i had a more modern 35mm lens, then maybe...the M6.

Olympus Pen viewfinder camera. The first model with full manual control of shutter, aperture, and scale focus (so strictly speaking not a RF but a scale focusing VF camera) The lens is a 28mm f3.5 and it's angle of view on half frame is approximately the same as a 40mm lens on full frame.

Yeah, I know half frame is a 4:3 ratio and full frame is a 2:3 ratio, that is why I said "..approximately.."

Pretty much everything I carry is a single body, and single lens combo, never go out with more.

Currently its my M3 and 50mm Sonnar-C, and will be for the forseeable future. Simply nothing I cannot shoot that I want with this lens, or in any light when twinned with iso 400 film (and an ND filter for when I want to use wider apertures outdoors). A 1st version 50mm summilux might interest me one day, just out of curiousity, but for now I very much like my sonnar, especially the size and wide aperture and simply don't shoot close enough subjects to notice any focus shift issues.

Other one camera, one lens options I have used or liked include an M4 with canon 35mm f2, Nikon D300/ D80 with 35mm f2, Rolleicord VA with its 80mm lens or a Rollei 35T with its 40mm lens.

Back