Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM lens - Images

Yokosuka_Mike

Abstract Clarity
Local time
3:38 PM
The 25mm lens hits the sweet spot between 21mm and 28mm.

Sony A7II, Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM lens
Yokohama, japan
DSC09453.JPG

DSC09617.JPG

DSC09619.JPG

DSC09631.JPG

DSC09647.JPG

Very nice images! Many moons ago, I went for the Zeiss 28 and did not regret...until after many years of use, it developed the infamous 'wobble'. I've been busy but intend to have it fixed in Saigon in the coming weeks.

Yokohama, japan

DSC09453.JPG

DSC09617.JPG

DSC09619.JPG

DSC09631.JPG

DSC09647.JPG

Nice images! I have this lens and this camera but I use it almost exclusively on my M8. Some day the corners don’t do very well when mounted on the Sony but that dose KR seems to be the case with your photos.

Curious on how you shoot with this lens. Do you hyperfocal or manually focus with peaking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yokohama, japan

Nice images! I have this lens and this camera but I use it almost exclusively on my M8. Some day the corners don't do very well when mounted on the Sony but that dose KR seems to be the case with your photos.

Curious on how you shoot with this lens. Do you hyperfocal or manually focus with peaking?

Nice images! I have this lens and this camera but I use it almost exclusively on my M8. Some day the corners don’t do very well when mounted on the Sony but that dose KR seems to be the case with your photos.

Hi Taffy,

On the Sony A7II/III: If it’s a sunny day I can usually just manually focus and get it right; the image/subject in the viewfinder kind of shimmers when I’m on the money. I used to hyperfocal but I haven't in a while. Recently I started using the Zoom function for more precise focusing in poor lighting conditions. I have a function button set for the zoom function. And, of course, there's the good old distance scale and guessing the distance to the subject. With the ZM 25mm lens f8 and 5 meters to infinity on the scale covers a lot of ground. In fast moving situations where precise manual focusing is out of the question it’s amazing what shooting in aperture priority and scale focusing can accomplish with this wide angle lens; almost any wide to short tele lens for that matter. As always, experience helps with good guessing.

One-more-thing: I use the Voigtlander VM/E Close Focus Adapter set for the closest focus. I don't know if that makes any differance in outcome but I thought I'd mention it.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Mike

Hi Taffy,

On the Sony A7II/III: If it’s a sunny day I can usually just manually focus and get it right; the image/subject in the viewfinder kind of shimmers when I’m on the money. I used to hyperfocal but I haven't in a while. Recently I started using the Zoom function for more precise focusing in poor lighting conditions. I have a function button set for the zoom function. And, of course, there's the good old distance scale and guessing the distance to the subject. With the ZM 25mm lens f8 and 5 meters to infinity on the scale covers a lot of ground. In fast moving situations where precise manual focusing is out of the question it’s amazing what shooting in aperture priority and scale focusing can accomplish with this wide angle lens; almost any wide to short tele lens for that matter. As always, experience helps with good guessing.

One-more-thing: I use the Voigtlander VM/E Close Focus Adapter set for the closest focus. I don't know if that makes any differance in outcome but I thought I'd mention it.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I’ll give this setup a try again. I have the VM/E close focus adapter too but in the beginning the additional weight threw me off so I guess that also didn’t encourage me very much.

I’ll give this a go again :)

I sold the lens a couple of years ago, traded for a 28mm to see the frame lines in the M240, but apart from that I only have good things to say about it. Great sharpness, no distortion, no flare and a kind of completely transparent rendering I like vey much. Some examples from vacations in Vienna:

- by Diego Rojas, en Flickr

- by Diego Rojas, en Flickr

M240, 2.8/25mm Zeiss Biogon.
This Zeiss 25mm is coded as Elmarit 24mm & fitted with UV/IR Cut filter changing reddish corners to pale cyan, fixed with CornerFix. Slight purple fringing fixed in LR, EXIFChanger inserted lens info. Central Washington.
U77I1394266386.SEQ.0.jpg

^Great shot, Doug, excellent use of the 25mm lens.

Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM lens, Sony A7III
Yokosuka Japan - July 2019

Baby, it's hot out here!
DSC01284.JPG

The fueling boat is headed your way.
DSC01287.JPG

I passed by another man doing his best to press on without complaining about the heat; good for him!
DSC01323.JPG

Mike

Tombstone, AZ
18552468-orig.jpg

18552466-orig.jpg

18552463-orig.jpg

Leica M-P 240, 25mm Zeiss Biogon T* ZM - 6-bit coded as a 24mm Leica Elmar f/3.8 (no purple fringing around the corners).

Yokohama Japan - July 2019

Baby, it's hot out here! This is one way to feel a cool breeze.
DSC01309.JPG

It looks like fun. Like being part of a giant fan.
DSC01310.JPG

It's over. The Sun is so strong each person has their shadow burned into the ground.
DSC01311.JPG

It's another scorcher today - life goes on.

Mike

Yokohama Japan - July 2019

Young people don't care about the heat and humidity, they just want to have fun.
DSC01231.JPG

Get a little bit older and the high temperatures will just wipe the smile off your face.
DSC01233.JPG

It's another scorcher today - life goes on.

Mike

Back