Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM lens - Images

Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM lens, Sony A7III

Yokohama Japan - July 2019

Young people don't care about the heat and humidity, they just want to have fun.

Get a little bit older and the high temperatures will just wipe the smile off your face.

It's another scorcher today - life goes on.

Mike

Hey Mike

With a lot of admiration for your photos, would you mind sharing what settings you use on your A7s? I’m very envious of the colors your getting and admittedly I can’t get my Sony to get to work to my liking.

Your advice will help me not regret getting this camera :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Mike

With a lot of admiration for your photos, would you mind sharing what settings you use on your A7s? I’m very envious of the colors your getting and admittedly I can’t get my Sony to get to work to my liking.

Your advice will help me not regret getting this camera :)

Hi Taffy!

I have an A7III, not an A7S. All the settings are whatever the default settings are and the images are JPEGs out of the camera. After a day of shooting and narrowing the images down to what I want to keep I uplooad them to Google Photos and then sometimes edit them with the very basic editing tools they provide. Nothing over complcated. Mostly I tweak the exposure (a little darker or lighter) it’s amazing what that slight adjustment can do for an image. And, I often need to straighten the image. I hate a crooked horizon. I think I must have one arm longer than the other because my photos are usually off by about 1 degree.

Edit: One more thing, and I don’t know if it even matters, I shoot at the lowest ISO I can. I usually start the day at ISO 100 and only go higher when I have too. One thing I like about the Sony A7 camera is that I can go as low as ISO 50; and that’s a big help when playing around with the Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 Nokton VM lens or some of the other Nokton lenses. Again, I don’t know if it makes a difference but I’d like to think so.

All the best,
Mike

Hi Taffy!

I have an A7III, not an A7S. All the settings are whatever the default settings are and the images are JPEGs out of the camera. After a day of shooting and narrowing the images down to what I want to keep I uplooad them to Google Photos and then sometimes edit them with the very basic editing tools they provide. Nothing over complcated. Mostly I tweak the exposure (a little darker or lighter) it’s amazing what that slight adjustment can do for an image. And, I often need to straighten the image. I hate a crooked horizon. I think I must have one arm longer than the other because my photos are usually off by about 1 degree.

Edit: One more thing, and I don’t know if it even matters, I shoot at the lowest ISO I can. I usually start the day at ISO 100 and only go higher when I have too. One thing I like about the Sony A7 camera is that I can go as low as ISO 50; and that’s a big help when playing around with the Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 Nokton VM lens or some of the other Nokton lenses. Again, I don’t know if it makes a difference but I’d like to think so.

All the best,
Mike

Thanks Mike! Maybe I was just overwhelmed by all the settings that I felt I had to dial in each one in my A7ii. I’ll go to the “reset to factory settings” and see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike! Maybe I was just overwhelmed by all the settings that I felt I had to dial in each one in my A7ii. I’ll go to the “reset to factory settings” and see what happens!

Good luck!

Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f2.8 ZM lens, Sony A7III
Yokohama Japan - August 2019

They store imported coffee beans in this warehouse. I think I could smell them roasting in the warehouse's oven like temperature.

DSC01267.JPG

DSC01266.JPG

Mike

These images are looking great, with virtually no corner falloff, and good sharpness right into the corners!

Back