Zeiss ZX1?

Is the Zeiss ZX1 interesting? In my opinion it’s very interesting. I’m very pleased to see Zeiss back in the camera manufacturing game.

Is it my cuppa tea? No, not at all. It looks to slick, I prefer something a little more clunky with protruding camera strap lugs and a viewfinder.

I wonder who is actually manufacturing this camera? I don’t think Cosina has anything to do with this.

I do hope that the ZX1 is very successful so that in the future they [Zeiss] may see their way to making an M-mount digital rangefinder, but that is probably highly doubtful.

Mike

I have no interest whatsoever in this camera; however, what excites me about this news is that Zeiss finally has a digital body. Given that, it provides a glimmer of hope for a digital ZI. Now THAT news would get me going! Sure, it’s a fantasy right now, but I don’t think I’d be the only one on RFF who would welcome that kind of news.

^question is do you want an actual digital RFF camera like Leica or inspired RFF camera like Fuji?

I love the size, ergonomics and feel of a RFF camera but see advantages of EVF more than RFF, so a Fuji X-E/X-Pro type of camera but full-frame would be my dream camera.

I have no interest whatsoever in this camera; however, what excites me about this news is that Zeiss finally has a digital body. Given that, it provides a glimmer of hope for a digital ZI. Now THAT news would get me going! Sure, it’s a fantasy right now, but I don’t think I’d be the only one on RFF who would welcome that kind of news.

why a zeiss ikon when there's already the m10?

the possibility of a contax t2/t3 type of camera is what came to my mind.

Shame the aperture ring is on backwards ;)

Correction-it appears the marking are fixed on the barrel and the ring moves past them. All as it should be :)

So, it has ISO, Aperture and Shutter Dial.
Good it has no exposure compensation dial. If you know what for ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed are, then this compensation dial is useless.

Aperture numbers are just like on my Sonnar copy a.k.a. J-3.

They have normal VF in it, not Sony equipped with Zeiss 35/2 RX1 jumping pimple.
But it will be nice to have famous ZM pimple on the focus ring.

Good it has no exposure compensation dial. If you know what for ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed are, then this compensation dial is useless.

They have normal VF in it, not Sony equipped with Zeiss 35/2 RX1 jumping pimple.

That's 100% not true... If you shoot Aperture Priority mode like I do..On my SonyA7R II, I use the Exposure Comp dial all the time..

That's 100% not true... Not useless at all...if you shoot Aperture Priority mode like I do..On my SonyA7R II, I use the Exposure Comp dial all the time..

Watching the model use the touch screen without moving his eye from the finder suggests to me that what is on the rear screen is also displayed in the EVF. That makes a lot of sense for moving the extra controls to the touch screen. Also less places you need to weather seal.

Since it is a fixed mount, I'm hoping they keep this in a decently affordable price range.

Not that I need more choices down the road. Got too many already.

PF

Back