Here it goes again: which camera(s) and which lens(es) ...

In Spain there is a law that you must obtain permission from the person before taking a portrait. I guess they mean a closeup photo.

Barcelona is a great city for photography, with a lot of interesting architecture. You will do well with any kit, as long as it is simple and light. I would take a single lens, 28 or 35mm. For me, convenience is better than range, in travel photography.

Nice to know you are doing well Raid. And enjoying the trip.

I think at the end each photographer and each traveler knows what to bring in a journey. But I like this kind of threads because in my view they are a good way for us to know each other, our habits, our thinking, our ideas.

At my age I m in the one body one lens (maybe a second lens in the safe of the hotel) camp, traveling light increase my creativity and my desire to photograph. And I smile now thinking of a different era, decades ago I was young and had never travelled without at least two bodies, one 80/200 zoom, and a couple of wide primes 🫤
Time flies, it seems me yesterday!

It is both interesting and involving to share experiences and suggestions with RFF friends and new friends on basic photography issues. I often want to connect with a specific lens that I want to use more often to see if I have really explored the lens’s potential. I am very happy with the flexibility of using the 35/1.4 wide open.
The Hologon is a specialty lens that requires more thinking on when and how to use it:

The dancers were moving incredibly fast across the stage and I had to try to focus here and there and hope that images were acceptably sharp. I was the only person in the room using a camera. Come to think of it, wherever we walked in Barcelona there are very few people using cameras.

Back