Great bags for all your expensive gear

I recently bought a Hakuba tote bag that is for carrying cameras.

Shown on the Hakuba website "here"

I bought it from Amazon Japan for half of the suggested manufacturer's price. I plan to use it when I go to events where I have to wear a suit (like weddings and retirement parties).

All the best,
Mike

I bought a Billingham 335 back in the mid eighties but have barely used it.
Bought a second Billingham in the nineties .
Not a current model but similar to the current S2 .
Its a lot smaller than the 335 with just on main packet and a front pocket with no fasteners. I`ve used that a lot over the years.

However my most used bag (every day for over fifteen years ) is a Hadley small.
I also have the Billingham "small camera bag" which is useful if I have any extra stuff .... which is rare so that isn`t often used either.

Many thanks! I like the Slow Tools bag but yes, they are pretty expensive.

I'm looking for a specific size and shape, and there seem to be a couple of choices on the Frost River site that will work nicely, and I kinda prefer the canvas over the leather for my application. The FRs are available at a much lower price too..

Things to think about... :D

G
I prefer the canvas bag too. I got mine way back when Adam Marelli started using them....

We would need to exclude gelatin also so no gelatin-based film photography. 🙂

Interesting to know how much of what you carry in your bag you use when you are out.
I find pockets in a jacket or coat are pretty useful. The older you get, I guess, the less you want to take with you.
And, yes, if you must, a scruffy bag that is just as likely to contain a dead rat is my option. I have just one like that!

Interesting to know how much of what you carry in your bag you use when you are out.
I find pockets in a jacket or coat are pretty useful. The older you get, I guess, the less you want to take with you.
And, yes, if you must, a scruffy bag that is just as likely to contain a dead rat is my option. I have just one like that!
When i go out to make photos on a walking session, I only put in the bag what I intend to use. So I'm normally using everything in my bag. If I'm traveling, it's a little different because my bag has to carry everything, and I have few places to stow it when I'm not intending to use it. So, typically, on travel I carry camera and two-three lenses, meaning that one or two lenses get less use on any given walking session.

G

I usually carry one body and lens, so no bag. If I’m out for longer I might carry a body, a couple of lenses and a couple of spare rolls of film. On holiday then I would probably take a storage bag with more in it, but not carry it about. Just take the usual simple kit.

Very occasionally I might take a tripod and stuff to do something different. That’s likely a rucksack based trip.

I usually carry one body and lens, so no bag. If I’m out for longer I might carry a body, a couple of lenses and a couple of spare rolls of film. On holiday then I would probably take a storage bag with more in it, but not carry it about. Just take the usual simple kit.

Very occasionally I might take a tripod and stuff to do something different. That’s likely a rucksack based trip.
Yes , years ago I thought carrying a bag was a prerequisite but after a few years I found that a camera round my neck and another lens in my pocket was enough for most of the stuff that I do.

Yes , years ago I thought carrying a bag was a prerequisite but after a few years I found that a camera round my neck and another lens in my pocket was enough for most of the stuff that I do.

I carry a small satchel most of the time because I hate walking with things filling my trousers' and jacket's pockets. :)

G

I carry a small satchel most of the time because I hate walking with things filling my trousers' and jacket's pockets. :)

G
Oddly I`m ok with jacket pockets but not with trouser pockets :)
Its mostly the small Billingham that gets the outing though.
What I omitted to say was that when I do go out without a bag and just camera and pockets I nearly always forget something.
Usually spare batteries .:)

Oddly I`m ok with jacket pockets but not with trouser pockets :)
Its mostly the small Billingham that gets the outing though.
What I omitted to say was that when I do go out without a bag and just camera and pockets I nearly always forget something.
Usually spare batteries .:)
You clearly need an M4 or such;)

Sometimes I bring my bag and other times just camera and lens. Like a 90mm f2.8 when at the beach.

That bag has been in my Instagram feed for a couple of weeks, let us know how it goes.
Hello, the bag arrived. It is exactly as I expected. Now, there is an M10 with a Summicron 50mm f/2.0 attached. It could be something of the same size but not taller. This is how I planned it. We'll see when the buyer's remorse settles in.
About stuff and bags:
Now I am learning to Leica, and this is the Leica Bag.
A Tenba DNA 11 carries an A6400 with an 18-135mm attached and a prime.
A PeakDesign sling houses an A7RIV with a 24-70mm zoom attached, 1-2 lenses, and a light. I can also tear out the fillings and put in an A7 with the 100-400mm attached.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 14.31.00.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, the bag arrived. It is exactly as I expected. Now, there is an M10 with a Summicron 50mm f/2.0 attached. It could be something of the same size but not taller. This is how I planned it. We'll see when the buyer's remorse settles in.
About stuff and bags:
A PeakDesign sling houses an A7RIV with a 24-70mm zoom attached, a prime, and a light. I can also tear out the fillings and put in the A7 with the 100-400mm attached.

View attachment 4835883
Congrats, that looks like a nice setup. Does the M10 fit at right angles, with the top plate and base plate touching the front and back of the bag?

About stuff and bags:
A PeakDesign sling houses an A7RIV with a 24-70mm zoom attached, 1-2 lenses, and a light. I can also tear out the fillings and put in the A7 with the 100-400mm attached.

View attachment 4835883

I have one of the similarly sized Tenba DNA 8 bags; been using it as a storage bag for a while, but it proves useful for an M plus three lenses as a light day carry too. The DNAs are a very nice bag series... :)

G

Back