Hanoi viewed through Leica M

Hope you guys are not bored; I continue with the Van Chuong Residential Area

12. Here is the corridor, where on its right is the toilet/kitchen and on the left is living area of about 20m2.

1207_37_Vanchuong_Fomapan100_2 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

13. This old man was an artist of folklore. Now he is retired and living in 6m2 room converted from kitchen mentioned above. His son and the family live in the other space

12-08_10_Tri-X@1600 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

14. People still have to live with low living condition. Below is a common bathrooms share by several householdS.

1207_21_HP5+ by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_22_Vanchuong_Fomapan100_2 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_26_HP5+ by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_19_HP5+ by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_20_Vanchuong_Fomapan100_2 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

1207_01_Vanchuong_Fomapan100 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

I should clarify that the city has been developed quite fast these years though still lots of things to do.

May be I should pause the section of old residential areas for a while and shift to a more beautiful Hanoi. Like I said in the first post, it's nearly impossible to depict the city by only myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

So, I'm here again to show you color faces of the Van Chuong residential area; after this I will move to another theme

20. Hanoi in Feb/March is very humid. The weather is sprinkles and drizzle all day. Thus, one rare sunny days, people will hang clothes everywhere

'1403_M2-35f2IV_Van-Chuong_superia_28 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

'1403_M2-35f2IV_Van-Chuong_superia_06 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

22. Kids playing in common yard

after school hour by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

23. Kids playing in common yard

Playing ground by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

140401 rigid-M3 VanChuong superia_22 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

140401 rigid-M3 VanChuong superia_35 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

Okay, Now I'm switching to another theme

26. Here is a view from a building right in the heart of Hanoi, next to Hoan Kiem Lake

'1404 M3Rigid Neopan 11 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

27. Right in the center of old quarter. Foreigner folks seem enjoy this area a lot and so do I. In the afternoon, guys and girls spread on the street to drink beer and chatting

'1404 M2-35F2 Neopan 33 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

'1404 M2-35F2 Neopan 17 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

'1404 M2-35F2 Neopan 36 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

'1404 M2-35F2 Neopan 22 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

'1404 M2-35F2 Neopan 26 by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

... love 30 and 31 ... the line and composition in general and the visual vitality of the little girl in 31 is splendid

These are wonderful! May I ask what film you are using? The color looks like Portra 400.

Regardless of the film, the images are terrific, which is all that really matters. I was just curious.

... love 30 and 31 ... the line and composition in general and the visual vitality of the little girl in 31 is splendid

Thank you. I also like 31 very much. These are from fresh batch just developed yesterday.

These are wonderful! May I ask what film you are using? The color looks like Portra 400. Regardless of the film, the images are terrific, which is all that really matters. I was just curious.
Thank you! For color shots I used the cheapy Supera fuji 200. The bw were either tx tmy tmx or neopan. Actually i indicated "exif" infor in the file names on flickr links

18, 23, 24 31. I like all your pictures very much, but mostly when you go close to the people. It's ok if they pose a little.

18, 23, 24 31. I like all your pictures very much, but mostly when you go close to the people. It's ok if they pose a little.

Cheers!

I have an advantage that I can communicate with them sometimes before taking photos, that's why I can reach quite close to them.

Vietnamese people in general is still ok when being taken photos FYI.

Number 30 is my favourite and i grew up on that street. I know the woman on the left personally! :) Love the series so far.
I took a trip for 12 days back to Hanoi last month. I would like to share another view of the charming city.

Hanoi International Airport - Late night flight

14196634501_c98eb2415f_z.jpg

Leaf Hat - The Vietnamese Conical Hat
This is still very popular due to being very effective against heat.

14007050019_78a555e4da_z.jpg

Number 30 is my favourite and i grew up on that street. I know the woman on the left personally! :) Love the series so far. I took a trip for 12 days back to Hanoi last month. I would like to share another view of the charming city. Hanoi International Airport - Late night flight Leaf Hat - The Vietnamese Conical Hat This is still very popular due to being very effective against heat.

Dear Tuan Vinh,

It's nice to see you posting photos here. Please keep them coming in order to show our folks here Images of Hanoi from different perspectives.

kiemchacsu and tuanvinh2000, Thank you for posting these wonderful images.
Vietnam is on top of my list of countries to visit. A couple of friends from your beautiful country have really made a sincere impression and a desire to go explore and meet the people in your country.

Back