How many digital cameras have you owned?

How many digital cameras have you owned?

• None

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • 1 or 2

Votes: 58 15.0%
  • 3-5

Votes: 111 28.7%
  • 6-10

Votes: 97 25.1%
  • More than 10

Votes: 110 28.4%

• Total voters
Minolta Dimage-X - first digital camera, 2MP!
Epson RD1 x2 - sold one and had to replace, still got it
Canon G5
Canon G7
Canon G11
Canon G1x
Fuji F30 - cost a massive £299 when new, still got it
Fuji X10
Fuji X70 - great cam I use often with 21mm adapter
Fuji XA1
Fuji XQ1 - tiny pocket option - still got it
Fuji X100 - bought the week it launched, now up for sale
Fuji X100T - only 2000 shutter count, great camera, considering X100F so may get sold to raise funds
Fuji XPro1 x2
Fuji XE1
Fuji XE2 - still have this, only using with 35/2, 12mm Sammy and Fuji X-mount 24mm f8
Sigma DP2 Merrill - super quality, still have
Sigma DP3 Merrill - bought just a few weeks ago to accompany the DP2
Olympus OMD EM5 MKI
Olympus OMD EM5 MKII
Olympus EPL-1
Sony RX100
Panasonic LUMIX LX3
Ricoh GRD
Ricoh GRD 3
Ricoh GRD 4
Ricoh GR - great street cam, still in use
Nikon D80

Quite possibly one or two I've forgotten

I think my simple answer now is "More than I can ... or care to ... remember."

Of course the same goes for film cameras. :angel:

G

I have only owned seven starting with a Nikon D1. Eventually I bought a D2H that I kept for a decade while a working news photographer. When the newspaper started laying off, I went back to another career to pay the bills. Retired in 2012 and sold my Nikon gear and bought an X100S and X-E1. Still have the X100S and will be selling the X-E1 soon.

Let's see, When I came into digital, it was in 2003 and so from then on are the following cameras:

Canon S2
Fujifilm 6500FD
Fujifilm F200
Pentax K10D
Pentax K20D
Pentax K7
Pentax Kr White
Pentax Q
Pentax K5
Fujifilm F300
Fujifilm X10
Pentax K30
Pentax K5IIs
Olympus OMD EM5
Pentax K3
Pentax K1 (Currently in use)
Pentax KP (Currently in use)
Fujifilm X30 (Currently in use)
Olympus OMD EM5II (Currently in use)

I think I may have acquired a bad case of GAS.

Now that digital cameras have been around for close to two decades, I wonder how we have behaved... No matter if they're small compact digital cameras, DSLR's, digital backs, old or new ones with any sensor size, how many different digital cameras have we bought and used? (Phones out, please...) Thanks!

Quite a lot. But then, I own and use quite a lot of film cameras too so I don't really see the point of enumerating them all.

Quite a lot. But then, I own and use quite a lot of film cameras too so I don't really see the point of enumerating them all.
Only a handful, because I use them many years.
Started with Olympus Camedia C-300
Switched from film to digital with Nikon
D70s, D300, D700

Still have them all, all are working and ready to use.

Is this allready a collection?

For nostalgic reason now I got Coolpix 950 and 995. I wanted a Coolpix back then. Making fish eye images with the 995 and original adapter is fun.

Hannes

Update of post #34

1. Vivitar Vivicam 3615 2.1mp point & shoot (no longer works)
2. Hewlett Packard Photosmart M425 5mp point & shoot (barely works)
3. Canon PowerShot G5 mirrorless compact (own 2) (camera that I loan to others)
4. Canon PowerShot G11 mirrorless compact (my still life camera)
5. Canon PowerShot G15 mirrorless compact (own 2) (my vacation camera)
6. Olympus E-P1 mirrorless micro 4/3 (sometimes does not work)
7. Olympus E-P3 mirrorless micro 4/3 (sometimes does not work)
8. Fuji S5 Pro APS-C SLR (own 3)
9. Fuji X-Pro1 APS-C mirrorless (own 3; two work, one is broken)
10. Leica M10 (my only "full-frame" digital)
11. Samsung Galaxy S5 smart phone (not included in my total)

Digital Compacts by Narsuitus, on Flickr

Fuji A400
Canon D10
Nikon D200
Nikon D300
Nikon D700
Leica M8
Leica M9

The Canon is the only one I sold.....got a Nikonos V instead.

Just realised I have five digicams - not counting my phone or tablet - sitting on my desk as I type. I honestly can't remember the last time I shot film.

All in all I have:
- Fuji X-T1 (for Fuji and Speedbooster-adapted Nikon lenses).
- Fuji X-E2s (recent purchase, for my 18mm f/2).
- Fuji X100T.
- Sony A7II (dedicated to Leica-mount lenses).
- Olympus E-PM2 (with either 14mm f/2.5 or 20mm f/1.7, an eminently-pocketable and still highly competent everyday carry camera).
- Ricoh GRD4 (still working and in regular use despite being a favourite plaything of my three kids).
- Olympus TG-4 (bought as a holiday camera and an excellent companion when I'm out cycling in crappy weather).

I think I'm done with camera purchases for the foreseeable future.

First digital camera was a Sony Mavicam with 1 or 1.5 megapixel resolution, complete with 3.5 inch floppy disk, that was given to me. The image quality was so crappy that I barely used it. Second was a Canon Elph 850 8 mp camera that I used a good bit for about two years, which took decent pics unless you printed them out over 4x6 inches, but always looked a little artificial colorwise. Pretty much stopped using digital cameras for about seven years until July 2015 when I got a Nikon d750, which I have used a good deal (especially when taking pics to share with other folks, such as events, parties, shared vacations, etc.). Summer of 2017, I bought an Olympus Tough TG-5 camera, which is great for pics while traveling light at the beach, underwater, fishing, and any foul weather conditions. Last and most recent digital is a Sony a7R3, which I am using with a good deal with a native 24-105G and a bunch of adapted Olympus OM Zuiko and Nikkor AiS lenses. I used this camera when video recording as well, given its excellent IBIS.

Fun thread! Nikon Coolpix 3100 was the first for me. I still have it and it still works. Older cameras like that, which use AA batteries and SD cards can be bought for about $5 at flea markets and yard sales in my area. They are great to give away to kids, like my own) who can shoot the heck out of them, drop them in puddles and so forth and not work about it. Great for letting kids explore photography and the world around them.

Despite the fact that I've been shooting digital since the early 2000s, and film since 2010ish, I own, and have owned far more film than digital bodies.

1 - HP something or other P&S 3MP (early 2000s)
2 - Olympus E-510
3 - Olympus Tough something (was rated to 30 feet underwater, seals blew at 23 feet according to the dive watch)
4 - Olympus OM-D EM-1 (mk1)
5 - Cheaper Olympus Tough something (but image quality is worse than my phone, so goes unused)
6 - Olympus OM-D EM-5 (mk1) purchased as a second body for events
7 - Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mk2

Every now and then I jones for a Fuji S5 Pro, just for the skin tones, or one of the new Sigma Quattros for the colours and resolution, but then I remember that I'll never actually use them. Life is easier with only one system. Now to bring that mentality to me 35mm collection...

Not enough:
-Dimage Xt (gone)
-Fuji F30 (gone but not forgotten)
-Sony RX100 (the current queen bee)

Every year I think I'm closer to trying digital on a larger format, but I barely have time to put in adequate rotation the cameras I have, so I keep putting it off...

2002 - Nikon 885
2005 - Nikon D7900
2008 - Nikon D50
2008 - Panasonic LUMIX 8MP
2011 - iPhone 4
2012 - Sony NEX-7
2015 - iPhone 6
2015 - Panasonic LUMIX LX-7

The D7900 was stolen in a break-in. All others I still have.
The NEX-7 is still a wonderful camera for my Zeiss 24/1.8 and 55/1.8. The menus tho - arrrrgh!
The D50 I keep at work for plane spotting with my 70-210 f4. I share that lens with a Nikon F601 that I also keep in my desk.
The D50 also documented our daughter’s early years and the 50/1.8G lens was just fine for our needs.
Funny how after i spent just a few hundred on the D50 and 50mm and it was good enough that I had to go and spend thousands on the Sony and Zeiss lenses.
That 55/1.8 tho. D@mn it’s nice...
Wonderful colour and sharpness.
Makes we want to buy a Zeiss M!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned about five digital cameras.

Canon Elph 850
Olympus Tough TG-5 (two of them -- one for kids to use)
Nikon D750
Nikon D850
Sony A7RIII

Still use the last 4, but still have all 5.

Back