I need 300 pledges to buy a copy of my Milton Keynes book to be published

Congratulations Vicky. Cant wait to see the finished product. Keep us posted as to when it is released.
Tom A

Well done Vicky - never got round to talking to you about the book last weekend.

I'm just amazed that people all over the world are finding out about that place called Milton Keynes :)

Well done Vicky - never got round to talking to you about the book last weekend.

I'm just amazed that people all over the world are finding out about that place called Milton Keynes :)

I drove through it in the mid nineties during a short holiday in old blighty ... strange but interesting! :D

I've spent a whole day there once, 7 years ago. Indeed strange, but rather nice too. Building a town from scratch has its advantages.

Congratularions Vicky. Looking forward to your book.

Congratulations Vicky. Cant wait to see the finished product. Keep us posted as to when it is released.
Tom A

Thanks Tom, I will be emailing everyone now and then that signed up and will post updates here in case, as well as making sure I keep the website up to date.

Congratulations Vicky ... we all knew you'd get there. :)

I drove through it in the mid nineties during a short holiday in old blighty ... strange but interesting! :D

It took a while but having put so much into taking the pictures, I had to make sure I didn't fall at the last hurdle.

It is a strange place on the surface, but scratch a little and you'll find England never went away, but it's not for everyone, but for those who it is for, they love it.

No worries, you were busing being master of ceremonies and so forth, we'll catch up some other time. Yes, peeps talking about MK from across the globe, never thought it would happen as a consequence of some of my pictures, the wonders of the Internet!

I've spent a whole day there once, 7 years ago. Indeed strange, but rather nice too. Building a town from scratch has its advantages.

Congratularions Vicky. Looking forward to your book.

Thanks! Yes indeed, as I say it is a bit odd at first glance but once you're out of the car and look around the whole place away from the unashamedly modernist city centre, I can see its attractions and just how good a job they made of it overall. Not without problems and it's going to face some challenges in the coming years but certainly it meets its goals, the most famous of which was opportunity and freedom of choice. A truly de-centralised city even if the facets of modern western civilisation do much to make you baulk, it's decentralised in a mostly positive sense.

Vicky

Just a little update on progress.

First the bad news : I got a call from the publisher last week (bear in mind they are very small) to say that the publication isn't off but due to commitments with a film + book they are funding, which has been brought forward my book with them is at the worst delayed until Spring 2012. This is naturally disappointing.

The good news now: I am looking to do by myself with a bit of a collaboration with the publisher, and potentially part sponsorship from local businesses to help fund the printing. The super good news is that this won't increase the retail price (unless the cost is way beyond reasonable expectations) and if this can be pulled off the book is still on for launch at the end of November.

The expectation is that the book will be available to order from Amazon via marketplace (to be honest -- better terms from my point of view to ensure I don't incur a stinking loss on the book) although if all goes well I'll formally list it with them, likewise I am expecting to get Waterstones a UK bookshop to be able to buy in copies on demand, and I am sure that Waterstones in MK itself (its two branches) will be taking a few as stock items. The book will definitely also be available directly via my website.

Anyway, it's coming along, a bit of a set back but in that an opportunity. So doing my damned best to make sure this happens because I have spent over 2 and a half years now of my life getting it this far and I shan't be giving up at this stage.

Thanks again for the patience.

Vicky

295th here's to hoping that everything will sort itself out for you.

Thank you :) The good news the book is happening, VL Publishing is up and running. Availability is as per the website, from mid-November.

As an update, the book is back on and will be a higher quality item for it. It will be a 160 page decent quality full colour book, on heavy silk paper, heavier than originally planned. So this will be a quality item. Hopefully the photography will measure up.

If you want a preview of the book you can download it here:
http://vickylamburn.com/milton-keynes/preview-book/

Thanks,
Vicky

looking forward to this one Vicky

Thanks Jan, yes I'm looking forward to it too, to see what will be come November the final result of 3 years of my life (but bloody good fun on the way.)

I have had some excellent feedback on proof copies I had been making available to people close to me (physically, not necessarily friends and family!) and one comment that really helped was it needs to be almost like an instruction manual of how you see Milton Keynes through your eyes -- so the book is much more descriptive now (photos have captions) and it is hundred fold better for it.

Vicky

A quick update for those who might be interested and haven't pre-registered on the website.

The book is all going ahead as previously stated and will be out by the end of the month, early November. It will be a 160page full colour book, printed on 170gsm silk paper (nice and high quality) with a foreword from Derek Walker. There's more about the book itself on my website http://vickylamburn.com/milton-keynes

It will be priced at £14.99

The official launch/book signing event will be on 17th November, 6pm to 9pm at Waterstone's bookshop in Midsummer Place, Central Milton Keynes.

You will be able to purchase the book in Waterstones in MK as well as other outlets in the city, as well as direct from my website and Amazon (don't order it just yet from there, details are still being finalised.)

Also one other little favour...I have set up a Facebook group and it's almost at the 25 needed to make a nice short website address for it so if you are interested, can you like my page?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Victoria-JK-Lamburn-Photography/242355742482420

Details of the event where you can also say you are or may attend are also here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117396685034580

Thanks again, this might be one of the last updates I need to post except perhaps for when it is available to purchase.

Vicky

Great news Vicky, looking forward to getting my hands on the book. looks like you've done MK proud.

Book launch/signing went well and things are looking hopeful for making reasonable sales.

Plenty of stock available now to place all those orders! Shipping available to abroad! :D

Please note the Xmas shipping deadlines, last post dates for delivery by the end of December is in early December.

Buy online

Sorry to keep plugging away on this one but really aiming to break even! :p

Vicky

Looking forward to receiving mine, here on the other side of the pond in Vancouver, BC. Canada. It will give Tom A. and I something to talk about if I can ever make it back to Zen for bkft, I miss chatting with the other Leicaphiles.

Looking forward to receiving mine, here on the other side of the pond in Vancouver, BC. Canada. It will give Tom A. and I something to talk about if I can ever make it back to Zen for bkft, I miss chatting with the other Leicaphiles.

Thanks again Jeff for the support, hopefully it will be a good talking point. Orders despatching very soon now :) Just waiting for the book mailers to arrive to ensure the goods are nicely protected!

Vicky

Back