Leica ME?

Yes, they're going to announce a lot. They've said as much. What are they going too announce? The person who wrote this article is speculating. I'll find out at Das Wesentlich. Until then...

Cheers,

R.

Yep, but I am puzzled by the: "but we can confirm it. This is NOT a rumor - " part of the rumor. No idea how accurate the site has been in the past though.

This article says Leica is to announce more than just the M10 at photokina... could this be the Leica evil camera? Anyone found other hints?

http://lavidaleica.com/content/new-leica-products-photokina-2012

Sorry, I don't understand what a Leica M (evil) could possibly refer to....:confused: From what I understand, the M is the rangefinder core of Leica. It already has the (il) interchangeable lens "feature"...

I think it more likely to find an intermediate camera between the M9/10 and the X2 that may be M-mount... either way we will see in a few weeks.

Just think, an EVIL Leica M with live view. Compact, lightweight, superb image sensor and firmware.

I could use an adapter and use my R lenses too.

Come on Solms, do the right thing.

Gosh.

Leica issued a statement about 18 months ago that they were working on a new TTL electronic camera with the release target/announcement set for Photokina 2012. So this rumor of an "ME" model in addition to the expected (rumored) M10 should be no surprise to anyone.

The big question mark isn't that it is, but what specifically it is:
- format
- lens mount
- etc ...

G

I could use an adapter and use my R lenses too. Come on Solms, do the right thing.

It's difficult to imagine that Leica would enter that evil market with an aps-c sized sensor though. Going full-frame would sound like a logical move to leave the Fuji/Sony territory. Would be a great move with the xpro2 in sight.

Oh, I am sure Leica will be doing just what they need to do market-wise while still be true to the Leicaness of their products. Bravo.

Still, I find myself completely uninterested in these new developments. I honestly do not understand the hullabaloo (yeah, that was a fun word to finally use!:D) over new cameras, VFs, etc. while at the same time I am happy that Leica is keeping up with the markets and making money.

Guess I am just not a gear geek.:eek:

whatever it is, it will be too expensive for me, even if the so-called ME is only twice as costly as the xpro series. i am glad, though, that leica is able to keep a good number of employees well paid. all good for the world's economy.

I don't see Leica being able to compete with the price and features of the Fuji X-Pro1 system. And Leica never wants to compete on price anyway. I am expecting an X2 but with interchangeable lenses. I do not expect it to have a viewfinder other than an external optical viewfinder. And, as always, the price will be astronomical.

There is plenty of room between the completely overpriced (even for Leica) X2 and the M9 series, and certainly the M10. But if it is M mount, it's still a minimum $5,000 purchase with one lens (thinking $3.5k body and $1.5k 50/2.5 lens.)

There is plenty of room between the completely overpriced (even for Leica) X2 and the M9 series, and certainly the M10. But if it is M mount, it's still a minimum $5,000 purchase with one lens (thinking $3.5k body and $1.5k 50/2.5 lens.)

I disagree about any Leica product being over-priced. If Leica is making money, then it is priced about right....

If we are talking about me and whether or not I think it is overpriced for me... the answer is still "No". My inability to buy something has nothing to do with the price of a successful product. It is my problem.:angel:

i would love a full frame leica r digital camera. i'd sell my x pro 1 and 35mm lens along with my hasselblad 501cm, 80 cfe, 50 fle, and 150 lenses for that. Who knows if that would even cover the cost though haha.

Random worthless guess: the "ME" is a viewfinderless APS-C camera that has a physically M-compatible lens mount but is really designed to use new "ME" lenses with APS-C coverage, AF, auto aperture, etc. Priced halfway between X2 and M9/10 with lenses somewhat cheaper than M counterparts.

Back