Leica ME?

Of course, pricing is relative, and has nothing to do with any potential customer's ability to buy. :) You're right, Leica can price it where ever they want. But the X2 is really not much for the money. At least the M9 is, compared to other full frame cameras.

I thought that they were going to come up with an APS-C interchangeable lens camera, but should this rumor be correct then M.E. must stand for something in German. Ahhh, no.. it is English..

"More Expensive
" than the NEX, Fuji...etc.

So, to sum it all up:

A full frame digital Leica with possibly an EVF finder, that can take both M and R lenses, to fill the gap between the X2 and the M9, pricewise.

Yeah, right...

They just updated the site, saying it will be a full-frame m-mount camera:

"The "ME" name is however subject to change. It is a real Leica, not a clone or a re-badge. It will cost less than the M9. We're trying to confirm, but it should have a full frame sensor and an M mount. Available shortly after Photokina."

Without an optical rangefinder vf, I'm most likely not too interested. I'd prefer a cropped sensor if Leica is trying to keep the price down.

I agree, but a lot of people have been wishing for a full-frame NEX camera ever since it was released. So I think it would be on a lot of people's want list being a FF, EVF, interchangeable, especially M-mount. It would be even better if it can be adapted with R lenses to have AF. It could serve as a great backup camera next to the M9/M10/MM.

Without an optical rangefinder vf, I'm most likely not too interested. I'd prefer a cropped sensor if Leica is trying to keep the price down.

Without an optical rangefinder vf, I'm most likely not too interested.

I don't think I can follow you. Isn't that what the M8/M9/M10 is already for? But if you have lenses like the R-mounts that need live view to focus, it's nice there's a full-frame alternative that uses different techniques than the coupled rangefinder of the traditional M's. My 25mm skopar isn't coupled either, would love to be able to use that on a system like this.

So, to sum it all up:

A full frame digital Leica with possibly an EVF finder, that can take both M and R lenses, to fill the gap between the X2 and the M9, pricewise.

Yeah, right...

Maybe we are getting all a bit too excited (again :D) but it's not impossible. But consider this: If the M10 will have a CMOS sensor, live view and an EVF, IT WILL BE ABLE TO MOUNT VIRTUALLY EVERY CONCEIVABLE LENS EVER MADE FOR 35MM PHOTOGRAPHY.

An M10 with an M form factor that can handle all my Leica and Nikon lenses, including the teles? And with up-to-date sensor technology and Leica build quality and simplicitly? Finally a Leica that I want to spend my hard earned cash on!
No crop factor, no smudgy, dark corners with M wide angles (as on my NEX) too!

It sounds like the holy grail of cameras to me...

What? Leica R lenses were designed for Leica R System, which consisted of manual focus 35 mm single-lens reflex cameras and lenses. Where did you get AF from?

Ha, I'm an idiot. I never own one and just asssumed that it had AF. Now I know why that system died...

It can have AF, like how Contax found its solution with the Contax AX. A BIG solution, though...

That is actually exactly what was rumored to be launched two years ago already. Who knows? It'd be a giant stunt if Leica introduced a FF mirrorless with a moving sensor for AF...

Back