21mm Super Angulon

8242229715_95c374341f_b.jpg

My Super-Angulon-M had to be serviced again ... two years after a full service by Leica Germany the front part of the lens had become loose (by standing unused on a cupboard for two years in the apt of my parents ...) Anyway, glad to have the lens back ... :)

TMZ @1600ASA (Tmax3200P) expired 2010

8263376562_80c58724cc_c.jpg

Gabor--

In the future if this happens you can tighten the front group pretty easily yourself.

The rear group unscrews as a module, it should be easy to remove. Then you can see a spanner nut that holds the front module in the lens body. Tighten this, but don't over tighten as it will stiffen the focussing. Then return the rear module.

I've done this numerous times with my own 21/3.4 SA.

--Steve

BTW, Great image!

My Super-Angulon-M had to be serviced again ... two years after a full service by Leica Germany the front part of the lens had become loose (by standing unused on a cupboard for two years in the apt of my parents ...) Anyway, glad to have the lens back ... :)

Steve,

thanks a lot !! :) I have the tools and had the rear group unscrewed once so it would have been an easy job ! Leica Ginza charged me JPY8400 for this .... :eek:

Cheers,

Gabor

Gabor--

In the future if this happens you can tighten the front group pretty easily yourself.

The rear group unscrews as a module, it should be easy to remove. Then you can see a spanner nut that holds the front module in the lens body. Tighten this, but don't over tighten as it will stiffen the focussing. Then return the rear module.

I've done this numerous times with my own 21/3.4 SA.

--Steve

BTW, Great image!

fotomeow; said:
shots like this are one of the reasons I bought the 21/3.4!
If I can approximate the quality characteristics of this photo,
I will be a happy camper!

Oh Wow, Thanks ever so much for Including me in your 21 vision
Such a Grand lovely Compliment...I'm floored ;)

I think part of the Magic in that photo was using the 21 SA with neopan 1600,midday
Oh how I miss neopan !

Back