262 - Least Mentioned Camera

I am massively disappointed by the mirrorless "revolution" because I (falsely) assumed mirrorless equals small & light.

I was looking into the Nikon Z, Canon EOS R, and Leica SL cameras but was shocked when I saw how large & heavy the lenses are. Completely defeats the concept of a compact mirrorless system. No, thank you. It brought back all the bad memories I had with my Nikon D610 camera that I ditched because it was simply too large & heavy to carry around all day. APS-C is a different story and much more appealing to me, especially the Fuji line of cameras and lenses. But if I ever switch to digital, I'll probably get a digital M because it is a small & light system with a FF sensor. But the verdict is still out for me whether a FF camera actually has any benefits.

Your right the latest batch of mirrorless are big and heavy, I have Leica Digital and I've been very happy with the Fuji the color's are really nice also there's
alway's Sony small and full frame.

To supplement my M8.2 (purchased here on RFF) I found a great deal on a used M240, but the M262 would've made me happy also. I don't care about video on the M240. The live-view and EVF have been helpful sometimes, but it's not essential.

I have to say that I've never found the M240 menu system cluttered; but I've probably been numbed by overexposure to the labyrinthine Sony menu system.

Anyway, given the similar hardware I wonder if some M262 owners just "pretend" online that it's an M240. That's what I usually do with my M8.2, which does differ in some material ways from the original M8, but not enough to be relevant in most discussions.

Back