3D printed camera accessories...

Bessa R grip.

I tweaked the design slightly to recess the mounting screw somewhat and to add another strap lug for a vertical hang. At 100% infill the grip is only 21grams.

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6284.jpgIMG_6285.jpg

Thanks! I will try. They seem to be quite simple inserts.
Yup, and the layout looks like it could be 3d printed easily. If you haven't used any design software maybe give Tinkercad a try? It is free online software. It usually isn't the best for things with precise measurements but with the layout of those inserts it should do fine. Just go through the tutorial to see how you build things by grouping different shapes. I'd probably tackle that as two rectangular prisms for the parts that fit into the sides of the film gate and then two rectangles holding them together vertically top and bottom (make them maybe .8mm thick) and then another rectangle on top for the film gate. Make that one maybe .6 or .8mm thick so there are enough layers to make it opaque.

If you get lost let me know the measurements and I could model it in another program easily.

P
Yup, and the layout looks like it could be 3d printed easily. If you haven't used any design software maybe give Tinkercad a try? It is free online software. It usually isn't the best for things with precise measurements but with the layout of those inserts it should do fine. Just go through the tutorial to see how you build things by grouping different shapes. I'd probably tackle that as two rectangular prisms for the parts that fit into the sides of the film gate and then two rectangles holding them together vertically top and bottom (make them maybe .8mm thick) and then another rectangle on top for the film gate. Make that one maybe .6 or .8mm thick so there are enough layers to make it opaque.

If you get lost let me know the measurements and I could model it in another program easily.
Thank you!

Back