90mm Summicron photos

Thanks, Lainer. Here's one more :)

997073641_3HhMR-XL.jpg

Thanks Simon! Michael, I got it a month or two ago. I was looking for a nice portrait lens for when I'm out with friends. I've tried shooting on the street with it, but talk about a learning curve! Maybe it's because of the crowded narrow streets here in Amsterdam, but I kept missing one shot after the other. It definitely requires a different shooting style than with the point and shoot 35mm :)

Hello Renzsu, cool that you got one and are trying it out......I look forward to seeing more of your photos with it......

cheers, michael

Last edited:
I had pretty much decided to buy 75mm...after having gone through this thread, I'm going to have to borrow a 90mm summicron to test it out before reaching for my wallet

I use an old chrome 90mm cron (Big Bertha) with the tripod mount....I love it....it is a big lens, but I love the build quality of it.......it reminds me of my 50mm rigid....

This shot is really nothing special, but I like it because it reminds of me a cool moment.....I took this in Moulmein, it is where Rudyard Kipling wrote the poem "Mandalay"...I just boarded a train and it was early morning and I remember looking out the window as we were pulling out of the station...lovely landscape, but this photo doesn't really do it justice.
attachment.php

A Burmese Prison....
attachment.php

Some Rickshaws...
attachment.php

cheers, michael

b221.jpg

b211.jpg b208.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's truly a lens to fall in love for ! Great shots !!!
I wonder how slow you are confident to shoot with such lens... 1/15s - 1/30s is something realistic ?

Last edited:
Back