90mm Summicron photos

I can return the item within a month and have a one year warranty on it, but if it is in good working order and produces the pictures I want, I might not. the "bent" part looks like the generic collapsing hood to me, no? hmmm...
mint pre-asph ones start at about 700€ here, aspherical ones at ~1500-2000€, that's out of my range ;)

my user M2, bought 1.5 yrs ago, comes from the same seller, it looks just as beaten up but has always served me well and is as smooth as can be, he's been nice to deal with last time...

Simon,

The bent part is part of the pull out hood. Out of interested, I was looking at these type of 9 cm Summicron and have discovered that on some of these lenses, the M mount is actually 'glued' on to an LTM lens. If you do send it for servicing, you can get your technician to unglue the lens and you have a LTM lens as well. With the LTM to M adapter, you can use this lens on both type of cameras. And the LTM lenses fetch a higher price on ebay too if you decided not to keep it.

Cheers,

Sukhothai.......again
attachment.php

cheers, michael
sukothai 2.jpg

I got the lens today, seems to be better than it looked on ebay, but the coating of the front element is really not top notch. doing a first test roll now. :)

Simon,
I bought mine for $175 and sent it to Sherry Krauter, the velvet inside the lenshood needed re-doing, the hood would not stay extended, but it's now perfect. Amazing what can be done with this lens. Photos look good, and I'll bet it is a good matchup on M2. Mine is for me, I enjoy it.

Simon number 2 is just wonderful !!

I agree, the picture of the stadium/track is very, very good. An instant classic :) Also like it very much as part of the series you posted in another thread.

I remember your post about the cosmetically challenged Summicron 90 you bought recently... I think you learned to use the focal length well incredibly quickly. And there sure is nothing cosmetically challenged about this picture!

Greetings, Ljós

SimonSawSunlight: What did you use to take these? Digital or film camera?

Back