A new star is born - Polar 35mm f2 the Leica King of Bokeh’s Arnold twins

Perhaps it started in Middelburg, The Netherlands with Hans and Zacharias Janssen who are credited with the invention of the first compound microscope circa 1590. They were followed by well-known free riders like Galileo Galilei, and Robert Hooke. Some 90 years later, the ultimate free rider and copyist, Antoine van Leeuwenhoek invented the first high-powered single-lens microscope. Cheers, OtL

van Leeuwenhoek used his microscope to observe single celled organisms that had been free riding for billions of years from those pesky prokaryotes who first evolved DNA but never learned how to parcel it up in organelles. For shame.

I always liked the external look of the Leica 35mm v4 pre-Asph (except for the plastic tab). The Polar lens looks like a nice approximation; and with a metal tab.. nice. For around $900 USD it would need to perform very well optically and mechanically to attract further interest.

I always liked the external look of the Leica 35mm v4 pre-Asph (except for the plastic tab). The Polar lens looks like a nice approximation; and with a metal tab.. nice. For around $900 USD it would need to perform very well optically and mechanically to attract further interest.
If it’s as good a copy as the LLL eight element I’m interested, but I must admit to being sceptical, mainly because as Brian points out, the photos are terrible and the prototype is so prototypic it’s almost primordial.

well, well, well, after Apple released version pro, the replica vision se is out, only cost less than $200 dollars

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpeg
    IMG_0630.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 9
Back