A7 with Some LTM, M mount lens

With the 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH wide open - window light - converted to B&W in Photoshop using Silver Efex.

11282465513_d325c3cc58_b.jpg

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks for sharing.
Just when I was thinking of selling my Nikkor 85/2.0 to help fund the A7 purchase...your samples have me rethinking that idea.

Wayne

Beautiful pictures. The reviews on the A7 have made me think I should wait a year for Sony to improve the speed and ergonomics, but it's hard to wait now that I see some regular folks taking lovely pictures with it. I particularly like the rich colors in low light.

Beautiful pictures. The reviews on the A7 have made me think I should wait a year for Sony to improve the speed and ergonomics, but it's hard to wait now that I see some regular folks taking lovely pictures with it. I particularly like the rich colors in low light.

As a user I would say that it's going to be hard to top the ergonomics - but then again, ergonomics are subjective depending on each user's hands, how they hold a camera etc.

Regarding speed - I have yet to use the camera in 'continuous' shooting mode but what I would say is my ONE complaint about the camera is the 'screen lag' in the EVF that occurs just after taking a photo. Unlike a traditional viewfinder which, if you have a mirror, blacks out briefly (entirely dependent on shutter speed) or, if you have a rangefinder, remains crystal clear, the EVF tends to lag a bit - so you COULD feasibly miss (ugh.. as much as I hate to use the term) 'decisive moment'. I believe this can and will be improved as technology with EVFs advance.

Cheers,
Dave

Dumb question: What converter is used to mount the LTM/M lens to the body?

For my CV 12mm lens I'm just using any old Voigtlander LTM/M adapter which is then added to the M/E mount adapter on the camera :)

Cheers,
Dave

That was the first assumption but going by samples from the Leica User Forum / many Asian blogs / reports from our fellow RFF'er uhoh07 in a parallel A7r image thread /Steve Huff's blog etc. it seems that the A7 is a better bet, specifically for wider than 35mm

For 35mm and above, the A7r seems to do just fine

I'm not convinced as samples out of the A7R + Leica WATE are incredibly good..

http://3d-kraft.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=148&catid=40&Itemid=2

Also this..

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2013/20131022_2-SonyA7r-LeicaM-lenses.html

I think nikkor 50/1.4 & 85/2 have a better performance than using at m9

I own both of those lenses. I will not sell the 50mm lens and I should keep the 85mm lens. I will find another way to fund the A7 or A7R. ;)

Thanks for clearing up which Hexanon 35/2.0 you are using. I own the newer cousin - the UC-Hexanon. There is no reason for it not to work as well as your lens.
Thanks for all of your samples with so many lenses.

Wayne

The WATE and the 21 Lux were both reported to work well in case you missed that post

point being - it's not a situation where you can throw on any wide angle on the A7r and expect good results whereas the number of wide lenses reported to work well on the A7 are many more

I will buy the WATE and 21 Lux / Voigtlander 21 when i want to go that wide - for the rest of my lens harem 24mm - 90mm, i have my beloved M9 anyway

So far, with the A7, I have yet to be disappointed with my current lens line up. That includes the CV 12mm LTM, Zeiss 21mm f2.8, 35 pre-ASPH lux, 50 pre-ASPH lux and the 90mm pre-ASPH cron. All perform VERY well imho. I'm dying to use RAW and see what really can be done but I believe it will make this camera sing!!

Cheers,
Dave

So far, with the A7, I have yet to be disappointed with my current lens line up. That includes the CV 12mm LTM, Zeiss 21mm f2.8, 35 pre-ASPH lux, 50 pre-ASPH lux and the 90mm pre-ASPH cron. All perform VERY well imho. I'm dying to use RAW and see what really can be done but I believe it will make this camera sing!!

Cheers,
Dave

Use the LR 5.3RC or use DNG Converter 8.3RC to process the RAW files.. I used DNG Converter 8.3RC to convert them in .DNG and process in LR 4.4..

Back