almost bought an SLR, saved by fate

FrankS

Local time
6:16 PM
For give me father for I have sinned. I lusted after a Nikon f3 SLR and made an offer to buy one on Nelsonfoto for $100. In God's infinite wisdom, he prevented this travesty, and by fate I was number 2 in line. What is my penance?

F3 is nice, If was not not 100% against starting yet another lens series I would have found an FM3a by now.

Hmmm, penance..... this has to hurt.....

Two rolls of cheap C41 processed at your local hour photo spot, and don't stray from your RFs and silver halide for a month, or else!!!

The F3 is a nice camera. But for me, I always wanted an F2. A close friend bought one when we were fresh out of high school in the seventies. It was love at first sight for me. The sound of that shutter, the removable prism, my poor, beautiful, black, Pentax Spotmatic just could compete with that F2. A love never realized. :eek:

When my child is about 1 I'll most likely (finally) consider an autofocus Nikon of some kind...

But that's a year and a half away or so. :D

F3HP -- somewhat large, somewhat heavy, but a great SLR. There'll be another chance, Frank. There always is ...

Gene

The one nice thing about them...and there are plenty around...is that you can take the prism off. When you do this people around you...especially, where you are not to photograph...think you are repairing the camera when in, actuality, you are photographing.

PaulGuy said:
The F3 is a nice camera. But for me, I always wanted an F2. A close friend bought one when we were fresh out of high school in the seventies. It was love at first sight for me. The sound of that shutter, the removable prism, my poor, beautiful, black, Pentax Spotmatic just could compete with that F2. A love never realized. :eek:

my friend paul guy... i know of an f2 photomic in beautiful shape with a nikon 28mm f2.8 and original full case sitting in a shop where i live for $275 canadian. if you want me to hook you up with the shop owner or take some snaps you just let me know! $275 to realize a dream? a small sum...

You did nothing...me however...I fell off the wagon Saturday and bought a Minolta X-700....OK!! I bought 2 of em...:eek: :eek:

Now I got to figure out how to turn them into rf's..

Frank wanted a F3hp because is the best SLR that Nikon ever made, 20 years production, and still today it can be serviced, titanium shutter @ 150,000 acutations, 80/20 center weight meter, and 'aperture priority'. There is a SLR in everyone, you can not deny it! :D

MArk
Quito, Ec

Mark, it is a Nikon camera poster. (RF and SLR) I do want an F3, so I can set it on A and not have to think while taking pictures. ;)

Everyone wants a F3hp so they can secretly put it into 'A' and not tell anyone, while taking pictures! :D If you have some glass, and Nikon has great primes, then you will get a F3hp. Lots of them for sale.

Frank, what Nikon lenses do you have?

MArk

Back