American Road Trip 1979 on Kodachrome

#USA25-30 Early morning walk along the Firehole River, Old Faithful geothermal area, Yellowstone National Park, 02 June 1979

U27021.1713018185.4.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome back, Lynn! We did wonder. Not so good news from you, but our good wishes go to you for speedy well-being.

This thread has so stimulated me, that when I return to Oz in May I will be sorting, culling and scanning my entire lot of images from the year-long travel I did in North America in 1979. The actual journey took seven months and I called it 'Sydney (NSW) to Sydney (Nova Scotia). An Aussie friend came with me for some of it, but the return trip I did on my own, in my aforementioned 1970 Ford Maerick with all its bits and pieces falling off as I went, mostly to do Route 66 which I had long wanted to explore from start to finish, and which I did, but I have to admit a lot of it left me underwhelmed, by then the industrialisation-modernisation of so many American states had taken away a lot of the charm of the original journey as it was done in the (as I dimly recall) '50s or '60s. But I did it, from end to end.

So I will start the scanning in a few weeks, and post as I go along, as you have done. Thanks for the positive 'kick' start...

Thanks guys. Here's the final few pics from my walk around the Old Faithful geothermal area in Yellowstone, the last one of me taken by one of my travel companions as we rode on the roof rack of the van we were traveling in.

#USA26-01 Old Faithful geothermal area, Yellowstone National Park, 02 June 1979. PL filter.

U27021.1713141769.0.jpg

Back