An Update on My Son

Way to go Chris! You did a wonderful job as a parent and your son is a good kid. Congratulations!

Great story of success, Chris ! You as father did a good job with your son. And Mack took some art gene from you! Nice to know, the world needs people like you both.
robert

Admit it, Chris, this is almost* pure boasting about your son. And rightly so! Achievements like this deserve publicity.

*Only "almost" because the story about the RFF whip-round is also wonderful news that deserves publicity too.

Cheers,

R.

Admit it, Chris, this is almost* pure boasting about your son. And rightly so! Achievements like this deserve publicity.

*Only "almost" because the story about the RFF whip-round is also wonderful news that deserves publicity too.

Cheers,

R.

Of course it is, Roger :D

It is more than that, though. It is a big THANK YOU to RFF and the people here whose kindness ten years ago made this possible. Mack fell in love with that laptop and by the time he was in middle school he and some of his friends were teaching themselves simple programming languages like BASIC.

I am super proud of his accomplishments. I gave up a lot by moving back to Fort Wayne from Santa Fe, where I had made good money doing commercial work and graphic design. We've struggled here because its hard to make a living in Indiana, but it was worth it.

I need to do a new portrait of him to post here. He hates having his picture taken, but my mother has been bugging us for one, so that'll give me a good excuse :p A lot of you have watched him grow up in the photos I have posted over the years. I can't believe it has been nearly a decade! The time has flown by so fast.

Thank you, again. :):)

Yes, great to hear about this Chris. Having children go through challenges and succeed in the end is especially beneficial for them and for you.
John Mc

Absolutely, 100% awesome. But Purdue (soon-to-be) grad working with that evil school in Ann Arbor ... hmm, doesn't seem quite right. Seriously, sounds like something like NASA is in his future, which is to say he must be a really smart dude.

Chris,
This is an outstanding follow up. The best of luck to Mack. It is really great to read this.

Phil Forrest

It was a privilege to learn of this inspirational, happy story.

Right now it is so helpful to hear a positive, happy tale.

Kudos to you, Mack, Back Alley, FrankS and those on RFF who helped.

Awesome story Chris!
So glad to read that Mack found something he loved and has been able to pursue it the way he has.
Congrats to you both.

This is wonderful.
Well done to him, and well done to all those who put some money forward years ago.
Kindness, it changes the world.

It was great to read this, Chris. Congratulations to both of you. Looks like he's on a great trajectory, thanks to a supportive father and RFF community, talent, and lots of hard work. A great example.

Congratulations to both of you - a great father and a talented son - thank you for sharing this Chris

Back