An Update on My Son

Fantastic - you must be as pleased as punch, such a shame that no ceremony though.

That's great - congratulations - you are obviously a very proud father!

Very proud of him. :):):)

I'm upset they had to cancel the graduation ceremony, that's a once in a lifetime thing. Originally, they were going to postpone it until later in the year but they decided a couple weeks ago to cancel it altogether.

My hearty congratulations to Mack for this great accomplishment, and to the proud father who has supported and encouraged him.

- Murray

Chris, you and Mack have been through a lot, which makes his achievement all the sweeter. So happy for you both!

I'm upset they had to cancel the graduation ceremony, that's a once in a lifetime thing. Originally, they were going to postpone it until later in the year but they decided a couple weeks ago to cancel it altogether.

I am really sorry to hear that Chris. Two of my PhD students received their degrees by mail and have been told there won’t be a graduation. It’s really unfortunate, a real lack of ending to an important phase of your life. I hope Mack is ok with things - one way or another he has his degree.

I hope Mack finds professional work soon - this is a hard time to be graduating.

Marty

Just saw this and am beginning to look through your work more seriously rather than simply noticing high quality photos in passing. Such a positive and good story to learn about and congratulations to you both.

Marty, I started my college teaching career many miles from Boston and a few days before my thesis was complete.
My MA -Documentary Photography was delivered by USPS.
The mailman and I participated in a small but touching ceremony at my front door.

:))

Marty, I started my college teaching career many miles from Boston and a few days before my thesis was complete.
My MA -Documentary Photography was delivered by USPS.
The mailman and I participated in a small but touching ceremony at my front door.

:))

It is the Degree that is the end point, sure, but individually moving to a job is career development, which is the point of a degree. Your entire class not having a graduation at all because of a pandemic is different, even if everyone still gets their degree.

Marty

Only saw this now Chris - congratulations to Mack, and to you too for all the hard work you've put in to help him get there. Fantastic news.

Chris, society has many ways to judge a successful life. At the top of my list has always been the job someone does in bringing his or her children up to be successful, well-rounded people themselves. It's the most important job any of us will have. Well done!

Frank

Chris,

Congratulations to Mack and to you for being a good father to him. Although it is a strange time to be graduating (without commencement, alas), with his degree and experience, he has a bright future before him.

Chip

Mack has been hired by a software development company in Fort Wayne! The company's vice-president was one of his professors at Purdue, and he contacted Mack and offered him the job because he knew the quality of Mack's work.

:) :) :)

Congratulations to all...and congrats on the new job...great news, well earned and deserved...

Mack has been hired by a software development company in Fort Wayne! The company's vice-president was one of his professors at Purdue, and he contacted Mack and offered him the job because he knew the quality of Mack's work.

:) :) :)

Back