another bag thread! haters keep out...

And this camera inside

1639-giant-camera-400-262-XL.jpg

This looks ideal for some of you:

giant-bp.jpg

Chris

I always disliked bags , now I 've got only one , a Domke F2 since 1993 . It 's so easy to carry around , fully loaded and even more half empty . So , I just need one bag or no bag at all when I carry just a camera with one lens .

This is the bag, I use. I have this one in bigger sizes for one or two lenses more. but I like to keep it small and I use this mainly. Bought it for 12 Euro. :)

I have more bags and rollers that I can shake a stick at, but my favorite for RF gear is the Think Tank Retrospective 5.
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/shoulder-bags/retrospective.aspx
It will hold an RF body w/lens and several other lenses, a couple of batteries and assorted odd bits.
Mine is the the "Pinestone" color. Somewhat stylish and not too camera bag looking.

i also use the tt retro 5...i have 2 bodies with lenses attached plus a thrid lens snuck in there...extra batteries plus sd cards and business cards.

I just finished another bag survey and found that there wasn't anything currently available that was better for me than the BBB-E.

Hey Joe,

New bag from ThinkTank to be released in May called the "Retro 7".
It will be available in 3 colors.

Mini detail:

"Inconspicuous, soft-sided shoulder bag with a simple exterior that blends into the environment while carrying photo gear. We’ve included a rear pocket which will hold your iPad or an 11” Mac-Book Air."

Go to the ThinkTank web site for a detailed description and Dimensions.:)

that is very good news...i have often thought about a bag size in between the 5 and the 10! looking forward to it's release!
thanks for the heads up.

For my M4-2 with a CV 21 f4, CV 35f2.5 and 90 f4 Elmar I have a small cheap Tamrac. OK for short walkabout. But, if the weather is not too hot (not over 70F for this fat guy) then I prefer a light weight vest with cargo pockets.

For more gear my bag is a 02' Toyota Camry. I don't like carrying lots of gear and there are no interesting photographs more than 100 ft. from the car anyway.

call me, lazy ass John

I used to use larger bags and backpacks but now I carry my camera and use a smaller bag, a Domke F-5XB. I usually carry a couple of extra lenses and a few rolls of film and maybe a couple of filters. - Jim

Hey Joe,

New bag from ThinkTank to be released in May called the "Retro 7".
It will be available in 3 colors.

Mini detail:

"Inconspicuous, soft-sided shoulder bag with a simple exterior that blends into the environment while carrying photo gear. We’ve included a rear pocket which will hold your iPad or an 11” Mac-Book Air."

Go to the ThinkTank web site for a detailed description and Dimensions.:)

Sounded good until I looked at the website and it looks about the size of my Hadley original. It's made for DSLR so it looks a biggish bag. Hoped it was gonna be as slim as the BBBE but able to fit my iPad in its case.

i didn't check the measurements but if the 7 is truly between the 5 and the 10 i would be happy.
the bbb bags are pretty unique in that they have so little/no padding and therefore are truly slim.

i have to admit though, that the 10 looks/is bigger than it feels on the shoulder/hip/

I just picked up a Lowepro Event Messenger 100. It's tiny, but it easily fits my Voigtlander, my Lumix GF2 and an extra lens and film. I can slip it inside my bigger packpack hassle. Highly recommended at only $45.

i was looking at one of these yesterday...they actually seem pretty good and there is room for an ipad behind the divider inside the bag. they cost 69 bucks locally.

unless i am confusing bags...if you look at the pic of the open bag, inside against the back wall there is a thin divider.

Back