New York April Nyc Meet-up

LET'S MAKE THE APRIL NYC MEET-UP SUNDAY APRIL 30th.
Great date Cal. Are you still set for this?
Steve

Steve,

Looks good. Life is crazy, but I'll likely have some new interesting cameras to bring. The 6x9 SWC project is coming along. I should get the 53?4.5 Zeiss Biogon Monday.

Stay tuned for another episode of "This Old Man." LOL.

Cal

"So in today's episode of "This Old Man" begins with a tale of two Linhofs. So Cal what happened?"

"Well Norm, it seems the Linhof disease has progressed to the logical conclusion and I ended up daytrading some gear for an old Super Technika IV that dates back to the 50's. This particular camera is well worn and the old real leather covering from back in the day, while intact is worn to the point that one would guess that the original color might have been a dark grey. Know that newer Linhof have leatherette.

"The last owner bought the camera as a project camera that began as an incomplete parts camera and lovingly got put it together.

"One novel feature besides the decades of wear and tear is that the tilt is from a later Master so that instead of 15 degrees it can lean 30 degrees. How cool is that? So now I have this working relic that proudly displays its age. I'm at the point where I will call this Linhof "Louie" after my friend Louis Mendez because it is so old, and I will rename the 2x3 baby Linhof Super Technica V "Junior." LOL.

"Speaking about Junior, I discovered I was mistaken. While the Fuji FP-100 C measures 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 or 85mm x 108mm overall, the image size is only 73mm x 95mm, and the diagnial is 120mm. The image circle coverage of the Zeiss Biogon 53/4.5 is 115mm so really only the very ends of the corners suffer, and the two normal lenses I am interested in, the Rodenstock 95/2.8 Heligon, and the 100/2.8 Zeiss Planar, both have 120mm image circles. So all that worry for nothing. LOL.

"I spoke with my Personal Linhof Consultant (PLC) last night, and it seems the new worry is whether the front of the bed will be in the shot, as wide angle often require "dropping the bed" and then raising and tilting the front standard to get back on the optical centerline. Of course all these movements discounts the rangefinder's accuracy so ground glass focusing is required. I hope this is not true. Ahhh...

"So the best case senario is that the bed won't be in the shot if I shoot with my 6x9 horizontal, but vertically it is pretty certain that the bed will be in the shot. A lot depends on where the lens has to be to establish focus, so I imagine shooting at infinity might be a no-no limit, and there might be a maximum distance that has to be honored. Ahhhh....

"Perhaps I'm worrying too much. Monday the 53/4.5 Biogon should be delivered, so real testing will ground me into reality. I hope I'm not going to learn about a new harsh reality... Anyways like a Chess player I'm thinking of three moves ahead, and the solution is buy yet another 2x3 Linhof as a donor camera and cannabalize the front standard off say an old Tech 70, but this means loss of rangefinder focusing.

"Those Germans are mighty clever, and my PLC was surprised that the addition of the supersized Linhof grip required no drilling of holes and more or less was modular with the original OEM handle. My PLC was also surprised by the condition and compact size, and I was made aware that until I came along this rare and unique prototype with no front or rear movements went unwanted and languished as a listing on EBAY for about a year or more.

"A plan "C" is mount a normal lense and the problem of having the bed in the shot goes away, but so does my original idea of creating a 6x9 SWC out of a Linhof.

"Plan "D" is to have ideally: a 6x9 SWC; a normal lense'd folding camera; and both Polaroid and 6x9 capabilities with full Rangefinder capapabilities. Call me greedy, but I want it all."

"So now the tension builds, meanwhile Cal has to wait till perhaps Monday for the lens delivery. Will Cal have to venture into the Bronx again to retrieve yet another parcel? Will Cal's plan A, B, C, or D happen. Also here is some smut: Cal ordered 25 packs of Fuji FP-100 ten exposures, and at the next NYC Meet-Up he might have a working camera, but it is unlikely by then that he will have a new cam ground for the lens.

"Stay tuned for the big episode of "This Old Man" comming hopefully Tuesday.

Norm

"So in today's episode of "This Old Man" begins with a tale of two Linhofs. So Cal what happened?"

"I spoke with my Personal Linhof Consultant (PLC) last night, and it seems the new worry is whether the front of the bed will be in the shot, as wide angle often require "dropping the bed" and then raising and tilting the front standard to get back on the optical centerline. Of course all these movements discounts the rangefinder's accuracy so ground glass focusing is required. I hope this is not true. Ahhh...
Don't turn our head for a moment because as soon you realize you may have an 8x10 around. :D
Just like I warned my friend. "Man, take care because you'll one day wake up with a ring in your hands and that "crazy" woman you always diss." No no no! Never! Not at all! He always said...
He's rather dissappeared since.

Back when I was younger and idealistic I had some fantasy of having a Linhof and shooting landscape. I do have grandma's old house in the mountains and it's got really nice landscape. I do want to do more hiking and exploring here whenever possible. Real life says that for good landscape photography there's mucho effort needed, and the pace I keep is not really compatible with LF. The 6x9's are a rapid deployment quasi large format machines, and I haven't taken the slower approach as much.

Though synching the slower gears and do tripod and ground glass composing may be a really nice propositon, and of course movements really nice with architecture in mind. I do think about keystoning rather often really.
But, not compatible with Madhattan way of life.
"Mr. Policeman, there's a Japanese tourist with an antique accordion camera taking half of the sidewalk"

A UW Linhofroid machine does seem very fun. Too bad I can't be around there to see the thing going! Best of luck with Tuesday's UPS chapter.

"Mr. Policeman, there's a Japanese tourist with an antique accordion camera taking half of the sidewalk"

A UW Linhofroid machine does seem very fun. Too bad I can't be around there to see the thing going! Best of luck with Tuesday's UPS chapter.

Love this :) me too can't be around to see how it goes !
robert

"Maggie" is back from China and the count is 110K followers. It seems that access to Instagram is restricted in China, but there is a workaround via using a VPN, and now Maggie is on We-chat within/inside the Chinese Internet.

So Chinese Fashion Week ended Friday, and Maggie was in Shanghi for "Fashion Weekend" which is a new event that is kinda like New York's "Fashion Night Out" except extended over the weekend. The idea here is to have a fashion event that is accessible to the public.

Maggie opened the event on her first day and had to speak on day two and three: one was talk was about style; and the other was about blogging.

So Maggie explained how big this event was by telling me at one point she was circled by 6-7 body guards for her protection from the crowds. The experience was not like being a celeb, but more like being treated like royalty. The Chinese were such great hosts, so polite, and so unlike NY'ers. LOL. Her stay was centered around three big dinners.

In her free time her new friend who she only met the week before at USC took her out to meet all the big time Chinese designers, and she had two photographers as part of her on-tour-rodge. Anyways Maggie was gifted a good amount of luxury clothes and hand bags. Then there were all these interviews and a video shoot.

It seems the TSA broke the lock on Maggie's brand new expensive luggage, and they confiscated some container of $50.00 hair conditioner likely due to the volume of the bottle exceeding their limits.

The take away from all this is that it seems there is a young generation of Chinese that are creating a new identity for themselves, and the role model they clearly want to emulate is "vintage hipster" like Maggie who is still young although older. It seems the emergence from a closed society to a modern progressive one has created a larger gap between the generations, especially since the parents of these youth grew up in a very different society. The young Chinese are looking for a role model.

So "Fashion Weekend" was a great success, and there already is talk of next year. Maggie made so many friends and met so many people. The next trip is to London next month in May. I expect Elite to light the fire and begin to turn on the big machine shortly.

Interesting that culturally being told repeatedly "You have a small face" is a great complement because having a small face is distinguishing beauty.

Cal

Linhof project update: I got a 4x5 "Zebra" zoom VF'er with three masks: 6x9; 3 1/4x 4 1/4; and 6x12. It is about the size of a M-body lens and weighs as much. Parallex adjusts as well as focal length. The 3 1/4x 4 1/4 is the mask size for the Fuji FP-100C. The mask has an offset that matches the film holder and is not centered.

I have 25 boxes of Fuji FP-110C expected delivery this Friday.

The Tech 70 Polaroid back could come as early as the end of the month, but also could be as late as mid May comming from Austrailia.

The 53/4.5 Biogon (USA) is a clean one that was shipped yesterday domestically, and a 100/2.8 Planar (Is-Real) with extras is another delivery that might come later this month or mid May.

To build this camera it took a lot of mining for some rare items from all around the world. The manual for a Tech 70 my PLC (personal Linhof Consultant) gave me suggests that lowering the bed when using wide angles is standard proceedure, but I remain confused because Technika IV's offer no tilt on the front standard, yet the 53 Biogon came offered in "B" versions on Tech IV's with reduced magnification VF'ers.

My thinking is there might be a restriction when using wides, but since my prototype offers no front or rear movements these restrictions might not apply. All I'm trying to do is create a 6x9 Linhof folder. It may take a while to find out whether the Biogon will require a Tech 70 front standard upgrade for the recommended "rise" required with the drop bed.

Cal

Whoa! That's mucho stuff going on.

Interesting to know about the Chinese gig going, I only have seen her short video posted on IG of her speaking about style.
Yes I think the vintage hipster (and non poser) is an interesting role model. I'm not a fashion connoiseur but if she was in a close gig I'd show to see it around. Saying "Cal sent me" would be a bouncer workaround? LOL
Still, as long as globalization uniforms (or informs rather) about cultures, the differences and shocks are there.

Linhof monsterization sounds interesting. Roger Hicks again IIRC had one of those 6x9 covering 2.8 planars. Rereleasing it as a bokeh machine would work IMO!

PLC aside have you checked with Linhof Germany themselves? It does make sense that it will work without movements. German design remember!

I have the Rolleicord V in house but have to put the roll and shoot... scheduled some good time in the weekend for it. A bit of a curious and slower paced approach than MF RF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa! That's mucho stuff going on.

Interesting to know about the Chinese gig going, I only have seen her short video posted on IG of her speaking about style.
Yes I think the vintage hipster (and non poser) is an interesting role model. I'm not a fashion connoiseur but if she was in a close gig I'd show to see it around. Saying "Cal sent me" would be a bouncer workaround? LOL
Still, as long as globalization uniforms (or informs rather) about cultures, the differences and shocks are there.

Linhof monsterization sounds interesting. Roger Hicks again IIRC had one of those 6x9 covering 2.8 planars. Rereleasing it as a bokeh machine would work IMO!

PLC aside have you checked with Linhof Germany themselves? It does make sense that it will work without movements. German design remember!

I have the Rolleicord V in house but have to put the roll and shoot... scheduled some good time in the weekend for it. A bit of a curious and slower paced approach than MF RF

Jorde,

Maggie's opinion is that NYC is way much mucho chaos and her landing in JFK was more like a third world experience when compared to China.

Really interesting to understand how the difference within one generation can be so big between the young and old in China. It is a powerful transformation going on where the young are searching for their identity in a grand way and on a grand scale.

Anyways a city of 24 million people with an ancient history (5000 years). seems really interesting to me.

It seems like the Linhof project is the final build out of my "Camera Retirement Account" (CRA). I tend to buy cameras to keep and utilize for the rest of my life. I get the cameras serviced and into prime condition, and every once in a while I do the cull down. Pretty much I have more cameras than I need, and I can remain happy with less. Took me about a decade to build this CRA, and I was careful over time to be very thoughtful to think over the long-long term.

So all my medium format cameras now are all leaf shutter. I am downsizing the Pentax 67 II, so in a way the Linhof bumps the Pentax, and both are big heavy cameras. There is some overlap with having the big old Fuji's (GL690 and GM670), but the Linhof has Zeiss glass. The Plaubel is a 21 FOV Super Augulon in 6x9, and my Rollie 3.5F is for shooting the square.

Because I'm shooting less film because of digital, I figure why not slow down, go with the flow, and emphasize medium format over small format, and shoot three mediums: small; medium; and digital.

Cal

Wishing John (Jsrockit) a great journey, and success with his move to Chile... Hope to visit. I'm sure he will be at some future meetups.. Safe travels my friend..

Jeff

Wishing John (Jsrockit) a great journey, and success with his move to Chile... Hope to visit. I'm sure he will be at some future meetups.. Safe travels my friend..

Jeff

An permanent move or just travel?

Have a great time if its either. But if it's the former, NYC will surely miss you. Best of luck.

April Nyc Meet-up

Jorde,

Maggie's opinion is that NYC is way much mucho chaos and her landing in JFK was more like a third world experience when compared to China.

Really interesting to understand how the difference within one generation can be so big between the young and old in China. It is a powerful transformation going on where the young are searching for their identity in a grand way and on a grand scale.

Anyways a city of 24 million people with an ancient history (5000 years). seems really interesting to me.

It seems like the Linhof project is the final build out of my "Camera Retirement Account" (CRA). I tend to buy cameras to keep and utilize for the rest of my life. I get the cameras serviced and into prime condition, and every once in a while I do the cull down. Pretty much I have more cameras than I need, and I can remain happy with less. Took me about a decade to build this CRA, and I was careful over time to be very thoughtful to think over the long-long term.

So all my medium format cameras now are all leaf shutter. I am downsizing the Pentax 67 II, so in a way the Linhof bumps the Pentax, and both are big heavy cameras. There is some overlap with having the big old Fuji's (GL690 and GM670), but the Linhof has Zeiss glass. The Plaubel is a 21 FOV Super Augulon in 6x9, and my Rollie 3.5F is for shooting the square.

Because I'm shooting less film because of digital, I figure why not slow down, go with the flow, and emphasize medium format over small format, and shoot three mediums: small; medium; and digital.

Cal

Hey cal,

Any reason you don't go for a Mamiya Press with a 50mm Biogon and a Polaroid back? All of those things are out of the box and easy to find. It's no Zeiss glass but the price is incredibly reasonable and that lens really is great. I could bring mine for you.

Not to downplay the allure of the German made glass and body though. Those press's don't exactly have the same panache.

Hope all is well!

Hey cal,

Any reason you don't go for a Mamiya Press with a 50mm Biogon and a Polaroid back? All of those things are out of the box and easy to find. It's no Zeiss glass but the price is incredibly reasonable and that lens really is great. I could bring mine for you.

Not to downplay the allure of the German made glass and body though. Those press's don't exactly have the same panache.

Hope all is well!

Jeremy,

You bring up great points, and I thought about it. For ultrawide I already have the Plaubel 69W Proshift, so it is hard to justify having a second 6x9 rig unless I consider the additional flexibility and usefulness of going with a Linhof.

So your insight to the valuable and collectible German glass creates a hard asset effect over the long run. The Linhof surely is a durable camera, user friendly, and kinda modular, but then again there is a bit of overlap with my Fuji "Texas Leicas."

Anyways being 59 and considering my retirement understand that the Linhof is a Luxury camera with German prestige, collectability, and its own mojo that hopefully serves me for my remaining decades.

Probably not the most practical camera, but money wise I don't think I will loose, and I do think I will create mucho great images with this camera that will be distinguished from other shots taken with my other gear.

Also know that I intend on taking Louis Mendez's invite to go to Marti Graw's. I think it will be an interesting experience. At the Armoury show on the UES I met up with Louis, and he asked me if I was hanging out because he wanted to get some lunch, and he left me with his camera.

So all of the sudden I was a Louis Mendez impersonator, and the usual crowd began to interact with me. One friend of Louis was suspicious and said, "You're not Louis," and he kinda stood guard to make sure my story was valid and that I hadn't "liberated" his rig and suitcase. Anyways this alone was powerful.

So this camera I named "Junior" hopefully has some of that "Mojo" I felt holding Louis' rig. Because this camera can also shoot film it offers the flexibility to be my documentry camera for this excursion.

I am at a point in my life where my youth is fading, and I am expending my resources I hope wisely to enjoy the life I built as much as possible. For me the time to do living is now before it is too late.

Cal

An permanent move or just travel?

Have a great time if its either. But if it's the former, NYC will surely miss you. Best of luck.

Jeremy,

John is hooking up with a woman who makes him happy. John has family here in the Northeast, so he will surely be back. I appreciate the courage and risk taking that is truely brave that he has undertaken.

I wish him the most happiness. I know I'll be seeing him around.

Cal

Jeremy,

You bring up great points, and I thought about it. For ultrawide I already have the Plaubel 69W Proshift, so it is hard to justify having a second 6x9 rig unless I consider the additional flexibility and usefulness of going with a Linhof.

So your insight to the valuable and collectible German glass creates a hard asset effect over the long run. The Linhof surely is a durable camera, user friendly, and kinda modular, but then again there is a bit of overlap with my Fuji "Texas Leicas."

Anyways being 59 and considering my retirement understand that the Linhof is a Luxury camera with German prestige, collectability, and its own mojo that hopefully serves me for my remaining decades.

Probably not the most practical camera, but money wise I don't think I will loose, and I do think I will create mucho great images with this camera that will be distinguished from other shots taken with my other gear.

Also know that I intend on taking Louis Mendez's invite to go to Marti Graw's. I think it will be an interesting experience. At the Armoury show on the UES I met up with Louis, and he asked me if I was hanging out because he wanted to get some lunch, and he left me with his camera.

So all of the sudden I was a Louis Mendez impersonator, and the usual crowd began to interact with me. One friend of Louis was suspicious and said, "You're not Louis," and he kinda stood guard to make sure my story was valid and that I hadn't "liberated" his rig and suitcase. Anyways this alone was powerful.

So this camera I named "Junior" hopefully has some of that "Mojo" I felt holding Louis' rig. Because this camera can also shoot film it offers the flexibility to be my documentry camera for this excursion.

I am at a point in my life where my youth is fading, and I am expending my resources I hope wisely to enjoy the life I built as much as possible. For me the time to do living is now before it is too late.

Cal

Get busy living or get busy dying. I don't normally quote movies but I thought this was warranted.

Completely understand about the German glass. I've caught the bug as well :). One thing about the Polaroid FP100 and 3000b is that unless you'll be storing the negatives, i think the German glass could be overkill though. Will you be scanning them and printing or is it just for the positives?

I still have about 15 packs of the FP3000 in the freezer. I think it is quite rare now... I'm seeing it for more than $50 a pack and not very often. I presume the cameras that shot it exclusively have declined precipitously in value.

I still have a project I'm shooting with it but I am waiting until it's exceedingly rare before going back to the film. Pity because the FP3000 is phenomenal stuff.

On another note for many a moon I've wanted to get into the Hasselblad game. The German glass for these being world renowned. I had an SWC but never shot with it much so we parted ways last year. I've now put the resources towards Rolleiflex's automated answer to the 'Blad:

c0d567caa5961b2d29936266acfbb8a2.jpg

I've been looking at them for some time and what really gets me going is that they have many of the same Zeiss lenses as the Blad but also a series a Schneider lenses which are very fast for Medium Format lenses. I shoot loads in low light and the available F2 from the 80mm is going to go far. They also have an excellent 40mm F3.5 from Schneider. So now I can replicate the functionality of the SWC but for half the price and through an SLR! Have yet to purchase that lens quite yet now...

This 80mm found its way to me on Craigslist for a song (they are fairly rare and so I jumped at the chance). I've now had it serviced and cleaned and she looks ready to take on many projects with me.

I've also much interest in the 4x5 world. And 4x5 rangefinders in particular (or maybe I should say rangefinder as there are so few models out there that fit that spec). Would love to see you rig when finished. The last two years I was very active in the DIY space with 3D printing cameras as I believe I showed you but the birth of our first child put a slight moratorium on that project ha (just another small change in my life that occurred since the last time we met). The rollei and 80mm will be perfect for baby portraits.

Will you be bringing the Linhof to the meetup or is it not complete?

Get busy living or get busy dying. I don't normally quote movies but I thought this was warranted.

Completely understand about the German glass. I've caught the bug as well :). One thing about the Polaroid FP100 and 3000b is that unless you'll be storing the negatives, i think the German glass could be overkill though. Will you be scanning them and printing or is it just for the positives?

I still have about 15 packs of the FP3000 in the freezer. I think it is quite rare now... I'm seeing it for more than $50 a pack and not very often. I presume the cameras that shot it exclusively have declined precipitously in value.

I still have a project I'm shooting with it but I am waiting until it's exceedingly rare before going back to the film. Pity because the FP3000 is phenomenal stuff.

On another note for many a moon I've wanted to get into the Hasselblad game. The German glass for these being world renowned. I had an SWC but never shot with it much so we parted ways last year. I've now put the resources towards Rolleiflex's automated answer to the 'Blad:

c0d567caa5961b2d29936266acfbb8a2.jpg

I've been looking at them for some time and what really gets me going is that they have many of the same Zeiss lenses as the Blad but also a series a Schneider lenses which are very fast for Medium Format lenses. I shoot loads in low light and the available F2 from the 80mm is going to go far. They also have an excellent 40mm F3.5 from Schneider. So now I can replicate the functionality of the SWC but for half the price and through an SLR! Have yet to purchase that lens quite yet now...

This 80mm found its way to me on Craigslist for a song (they are fairly rare and so I jumped at the chance). I've now had it serviced and cleaned and she looks ready to take on many projects with me.

I've also much interest in the 4x5 world. And 4x5 rangefinders in particular (or maybe I should say rangefinder as there are so few models out there that fit that spec). Would love to see you rig when finished. The last two years I was very active in the DIY space with 3D printing cameras as I believe I showed you but the birth of our first child put a slight moratorium on that project ha (just another small change in my life that occurred since the last time we met). The rollei and 80mm will be perfect for baby portraits.

Will you be bringing the Linhof to the meetup or is it not complete?

Jeremy,

I think you were wise to secure the fast 80, and I think it is a strong candidate to place in your CRA (Camera Retirment account) due to its rarity and its utility.

You ask a good question about Polaroid. I'm not sure at this point, but I have skin in the game to do my road trip/adventure with Louis.

I have about 6 shots of FP3000 in a 4x5 back. This film is crazy expensive currently and is out of my range.

Junior is progressing. Yesterday I took delivery of the 53/4.5 Zeiss Biogon. I got a great sample that looks good to go. The shutter seems spot on and the glass is mucho clean, but the chromed steel Technika III lensboard required notching two slots in the bottom to adapt to my Technika V. The lens is mucho big, E67, and about as heavy as a 75 Lux or 80 Lux.

I now see why one must drop the bed: to push in the rails for the front standard to gain infinity focus. The front lens standard needs to be almost inside the camera, and the rear element needs to be really close to the ground glass. Seems like I need to add front movements to use the drop bed. Oh-well.

The FOV I figure will be like a 24mm in 6x9, and I secured a 4x5 Zebra VF'er at a good price with the three masks. I figured out how to set up this VF'er for using and intermediate setting to be used with the 100/2.8 Planar that is incoming. This VF'er is wonderful and the engineering very thoughtful, and it offers the proper mask for 3.1/4x 4 1/4 for use with the Fuji FP100C. There are detents to rotate the masks for horizontal and vertical alignment. I have a Zeiss 25/28 VF'er that will serve the 53 Biogon because this VF'er lacks the frames for the 53.

Today I have to go to my Third World Post Office and pick up the Polaroid back that was shipped from Australia. Friday I expect the shipment of 25 packs of FP-100C.

I think I will be bringing this work in progress to the Meet-Up. It will not be functional but it clearly will show its potential. I can close focus on the ground glass without dropping the bed and I have no image cut off. With the 100/2.8 Zeiss Planar I expect to basically have a "Linhof Folder" with a 40mm FOV in 6x9. My PLC (Private Linhof Consultant) has the ability to make me a cam, so you know that this project is a long ongoing one that will yield a grand result.

This already is an interesting camera. Still need to secure a 6x9 Rolliex 120 film back that is kinda rare.

Cal

Jeremy,

I think you were wise to secure the fast 80, and I think it is a strong candidate to place in your CRA (Camera Retirment account) due to its rarity and its utility.

You ask a good question about Polaroid. I'm not sure at this point, but I have skin in the game to do my road trip/adventure with Louis.

I now see why one must drop the bed: to push in the rails for the front standard to gain infinity focus. The front lens standard needs to be almost inside the camera, and the rear element needs to be really close to the ground glass. Seems like I need to add front movements to use the drop bed. Oh-well.

Cal

So you will modify the Front standard to gain movements and lose its prototype fixedness then. Fixie wise, that's a quite vintage hipster front standard!

Roadtrip/Adventure with Louis, man, that's something great. Too bad I can guess you won't be passing my "state", unless you go Round the world. How's he doing after the FP discontinuation though?

CRA is what I love about classic film cameras. Basically timeless value from them. Even as young I am, some of them seem like a lifetime camera.

Went to my family's little village and met again some of the family acquitances, every year older and more senile. Daw an acquitance who has lost a lot of his well being in the last 5 years, and he is 75. It is something to save thoughts about.

So you will modify the Front standard to gain movements and lose its prototype fixedness then. Fixie wise, that's a quite vintage hipster front standard!

Roadtrip/Adventure with Louis, man, that's something great. Too bad I can guess you won't be passing my "state", unless you go Round the world. How's he doing after the FP discontinuation though?

CRA is what I love about classic film cameras. Basically timeless value from them. Even as young I am, some of them seem like a lifetime camera.

Went to my family's little village and met again some of the family acquitances, every year older and more senile. Daw an acquitance who has lost a lot of his well being in the last 5 years, and he is 75. It is something to save thoughts about.

Jorde,

I think I could transplant the entire front standard off a Tech IV or Tech 70 to gain the bed drop capability I need easily, especially from a Tech 70 that seems to share the same bed, but having a simple folder that is an interesting conversation piece has mucho style.

Almost makes sense to buy a Tech 70 "B" to have the intergrated VF/RF that is made for the 53 Biogon, although the frames are for 6x7 and not 6x9. Understand that my Technika V is like shooting a LTM Leica with separate RF'er and VF'er, and in a Tech 70 it is more like a "M" body.

Holding onto the 53/4.5 Zeiss Biogon until the dust settles, or just holding onto it is OK with me.

It seems that when I get the 100/2.8 Planar all I would need is to have my PLC help me make a cam for RF focusing and I would have a working camera. The 100 Planar is a small lens and the camera would fold with the lens mounted. This would be my rig for the road trip to the Big Easy. Know that the Planar comes with the OEM hood and filter holder for bonus mojo.

Louis has a stockpile of film I'm sure, but it does seem that costs are getting prohibited, and maintaining this stockpile surely is getting more difficult. I remember finding some flash bulbs at a stoop sale that I bought for no money. I gave them to Louis and he was greatfull because the stockpile he bought from a closing store was vastly diminished. Louis is a very resourceful man.

I could lock up the 53 Biogon with the spare/extra 35/1.8 Nikkor in LTM I have. Having a CRA does not mean one has to use them.

Cal

Back