At Last a Petri Color 35

Congrats and enjoy.
I had one decades ago.
It was brilliantly sharp.

The leather pouch,lined simply luxury,
compared to the Rollei 35 plastic cheapie..
make sure the focus turning thing is correctly set.
mine went out towards the end of my usage..

Congrats and enjoy.
I had one decades ago.
It was brilliantly sharp.

The leather pouch,lined simply luxury,
compared to the Rollei 35 plastic cheapie..
make sure the focus turning thing is correctly set.
mine went out towards the end of my usage..

many thanks for the reply, I have wanted one of these for years but they have always gone for silly money, so I am happy to grab this one, I will check the focus and let you know how I get on

Just picked up a pair of Petri Color 35 cameras- one in chrome and one in black. Condition is sort of an unknown- I'm waiting for them to arrive in the mail. Should be fun to try out:)

$_57.JPG

Black!

Black!

Talk about Silly Money.....

I sold a nice black one 4 years ago for $420. Then there is the D model which has a top shutter speed of 1/300th and a D relief on the black plastic next to the viewfinder on the front. Sold that one for $375 to a fellow in Seattle. Said he had been looking for a Loooong time for the D model.

I just picked up Petri 35 color for $40. Needs the top removed and the information display portion of the viewfinder (the scale focus plate) repositioned. Meter works.
Otherwise a nice example... very serious little rangefinder. It's interesting to go to CameraQuest (thanks Steve) and read the comments on the Petri 35 Color.

"THE CAMERA THAT ROLLEI SHOULD HAVE BUILT"

(Avoid the Automatic E, like the plague Ask me how I know after three tries).

I had one for a few years, then sold it here. It's cute and tiny, but not superior to the Canon, Oly, etc. of the day.

Had one back in the 70's when they first came out. Sadly never got to see how long it would last. A drop onto concrete crunched and jammed it. A few years ago I thought about a replacement but yikes, the prices were insane. Now my go to compact in 35mm is an Olympus Pen, the early one lug Sanko Shoji produced one.

i think it will be fun to try the little Petri out... I will be curious to compare it with my Vivitar 35es and the Minolta Himatic 7s (the big one).

Question: How well does the exposure/light meter work? It's a needle in the viewfinder, right?

The Petri Color 35 is a neat little camera. It's fun to use and can make very good images.
Unfortunately both I have owned became unusable due to shutter/transport problems.

Chris

I'm thoroughly enjoying mine which I've had almost a year now.
I like the size and quickness of operation and the picture quality is
superb! Not quite Rollei like but enjoyable none the less.

My pair of Petris arrived yesterday. Neat little cameras! The chrome one cleaned up nicely and the black one has a bit of brassing. They have some minor problems, but nothing too serious- mostly they need exercise from years of no use. Great deal for $85 for both:)

U26723I1411881046.SEQ.0.jpg

My pair of Petris arrived yesterday. Neat little cameras! The chrome one cleaned up nicely and the black one has a bit of brassing. They have some minor problems, but nothing too serious- mostly they need exercise from years of no use. Great deal for $85 for both:)

the black one looks :cool:

I really like the Petri Color 35:) I've been carrying the black body with me daily and I'm on my second roll with it- hopefully it is working properly! After I finish roll number two- I will get them processed.

The chrome one is not working- the shutter is hanging up. Should be an easy fix- sometimes you can get it to work if you exercise the shutter- fire it off 30-40 times and it works. If you let it sit for too long it stops working again...

Back