At Last a Petri Color 35

Just got the first couple of rolls processed- performed very well- scale focus and depth of field work fine. I'm happy with the results and the camera is quite usable and compact:)

nice results. This is a camera I've wanted to try for a long time. I keep hoping to find one in a charity store. I did manage to find a 7s in very good condition - yet to put a roll through it.

I was skeptical about the lack of a rangefinder but the in-finder focus scale soon won me over.
It's so much easier to use than the rangefinder patch on most compacts.

Chris

The Black Petri has become my go-to daily shooter....my Canon rangefinder and my Mamiya 35 rangefinders are both out of commission:(

The Petri continues to surprise me and as I shoot it more, I have more success!

The chrome camera is on the shelf, the shutter needs to be cleaned to work consistently and the framelines are a bit loose.

Still shooting...will post more soon:)

U26723I1427244557.SEQ.0.jpg

Mostly everyone like the Petri 35 because it is so easy to use and takes respectable photos especially in B&W but color is good too.

Here's more Petri goodness from the first part of 2016...this camera never lets me down! I pretty much only put Agfa 200 in it and the results are predictable and nice:)

90530022_21390_lrg_1465673004.jpg

90530024_21390_lrg_1465673009.jpg

90530033_21390_lrg_1465673024.jpg

90530035_21390_lrg_1465673029.jpg

90530036_21390_lrg_1465673030.jpg

I most enjoyed scrolling through your photos. It's good to see you are still using this gem & have not retired it to the shelf. Hope to see more soon.

Thanks! It's just too good not to use it once in a while. It's a great travel camera...whether it's a back-up to bigger cameras or if I just don't want to carry a bag, a meter, extra lenses. etc.:)

Great shots Cassel! I just picked one up for $20(!) the other week. I got a few keepers but lots of blurry shots haha. Any tips on scale focusing? Looks like you've got your technique down ;)

Is it a scale focusing camera? I can't remember. I have two of them :) I should remember.

I should sell one, don't need two, and clearly I'm not using either often enough (can't remember how they focus :eek:)

Yes - Scale focus
The viewfinder has the little icons and feet distances laid out with a needle that moves as you focus.
The wheel has to turn to the right quite a bit from the collapsed position - then you just have to be more accurate with your guess at larger apertures- Haven't missed shots to soft focus...
But - I mostly shoot day light shots and only use Agfa 200 color: makes everything more predictable for me:)

The Color 35's in-finder focusing scale is far easier to use than
the typical dim rangefinder patch in its compact contemporaries.

Chris

Pinhole Petri color 35

Pinhole Petri color 35

I have a black Petri Color 35 with fungus on lens, so the images are soft. Then I removed the lens groups and made it a pinhole camera. I used a needle to make a ~0.25mm hole on a piece of tin foil. Then the tin foil was taped to a 18mm washer, with some tape on the washer's edge. The washer was then inserted into the barrel from the front side. I still can use the shutter. Nice little setup.
Below the first picture shows the pinhole, and the second picture was taken with the pinhole - probably ~30 second exposure.

petricolor35a.jpg

petricolor35c.jpg

After years of trying I now own a nice Petri Color 35:D

Back