Camera and Coffee

Thought first post failed so see below Cappuccino is made using Hammerhead "Stout" a locally ground bean :)

Cameras et Cafe.jpg

Pictured left is the Konica C35 FD which is probably better known as the Auto S3 that usually if not always comes in a black finish. I have one and enjoy using it. This one came in a trade a while back, I have yet to use it but I loaded a roll of Ilford Pan F yesterday.

To the right (a camera my dad gave me) is the C35 Automatic with Bulb function not working. The meter is fine and it is loaded with Ektar 100. I will be excited to see results! These are fun easy to carry cameras that make nice images.

David

Pictured left is the Konica C35 FD which is probably better known as the Auto S3 that usually if not always comes in a black finish. I have one and enjoy using it. This one came in a trade a while back, I have yet to use it but I loaded a roll of Ilford Pan F yesterday.

To the right (a camera my dad gave me) is the C35 Automatic with Bulb function not working. The meter is fine and it is loaded with Ektar 100. I will be excited to see results! These are fun easy to carry cameras that make nice images.

David

Beautiful cameras - i had a plain C35 and it was a gem. Very accurate meter also. Lens was as good as a tessar will ever be.

Beautiful cameras - i had a plain C35 and it was a gem. Very accurate meter also. Lens was as good as a tessar will ever be.

THank you, and I agree Pan. The lenses on both cameras are superb. I discovered that I can hold exposure on the PlainJane C35 so that I can fool the auto feature and expose for shadows and so on. The Auto S3 of course allows choice of shutter to get aperture and this ability to freeze the exposure by lightly holding the shutter release. Loads of fun and so portable!

David

My first camera with, so I claim, my last...separated by 65 years...and by a cup from Michael's Kitchen, Taos, New Mexico.
As a reminder to my Occidental self, I had the Pro 2 engraved with "Wabi Sabi" on the front. If the characters actually spell "Soup" please keep it to yourself. :eek:
U33823.1649524211.0.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	U33823.1649524211.0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	4779245

Couple of "parts/as-is" camera bodies and lenses that I serviced.

Nikon F: Slow speeds were inop, mirror lockup didn't work, prism couldn't be removed from body.
Nikon F3: Shutter lock button was jammed, LCD was missing segments
55/2.8 Ai-S Micro-Nikkor: Hard to turn focus ring.
105/2.5 Nikkor: Diaphragm was stuck

Brass item with prongs is home made A/R removal tool per Richard Haw. But that part had been torqued too tightly on the F body, so I had to find another way to loosen it. I referred to both his blog posts and a video he took at Kiitos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcw1k0VHTtA
As cameras go, I found the F relatively easy to service, though not as easy as the Kiitos technician makes it look! Puzzled over the mirror lockup mechanism for some time, as it's not something I'd expect to fail. Maybe someone else had the camera apart, saw a lever which appeared to be bent, and unbent it, not knowing that it was a factory adjustment!

Screwdrivers are my brand-new JIS set from Vessel. Price was very reasonable, and I am liking them lots.

Milk Old School chocolate by Soma: Pricey (I paid 14.57 USD) but that 80 gram bar will last me for a couple of weeks.

_DSC1692_PSMS-sm.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC1692_PSMS-sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.9 KB ID:	4779495

Back