Camera and Coffee

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4935.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.3 KB ID:	4781650 Lavazza & the new CV 40mm f 2.8 M. The lens handles remarkably on the M. It will likely live on my 5oth Anniversary CL though. It's tiny & a great credit to the Cosina design team!

Attachments

• photo114820.jpg
    photo114820.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1
I am an avocado fan. Avocado toast what a great idea! .
Since I am vegan though, I think I will add some other fruit (e.g.banana) and salad (e.g. rucola)

A nice Thursday morning coffee in the backyard garden. A carafe of French Roast (Safeway brand - woo hoo!), my tried-and-true mug that I got from the Goodwill in Billings, Montana for $0.50, and the super-duper Bronica S2 with a 200/4 Nikkor and dedicated Bronica L-grip.

I'm trying to put this camera to more use -- I had it completely overhauled a couple of years ago by you-know-who and it's in beautiful condition. Contrary to what you might read elsewhere on the internet, the S2 is not an unreliable camera -- yes the gearing is different than the S2a (and no they're not brass gears!) but as long as you're gentle with it it and not slamming the film advance crank at the end of its rotation, it should last for many years. I think it developed that reputation for unreliability back in the 1960's because it was used by commercial photographers in studio settings in which they'd work quickly and go through a lot of film. Consequently they'd be cranking that advance knob rapidly and slamming it into the 'stop' at the end of its rotation. Do that a few hundred times and yeah, something's liable to break.

Bronica and Backyard Coffee by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

A nice Sunday morning breakfast in the backyard -- avocado toast w/bacon and New Mexico red chile powder, strawberries and grapes, a slice of Oka cheese (the pride of Quebec), a cuppa Red Rose tea, and of course the two wonderful Ermanoxes and my CP Goerz 12x Trieder binoculars.

Breakfast and Ermanoxes
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

I used to drive out to the monastery in Oka to buy that cheese. It is a great cheese.

Canadian version of camera and coffee….

Goerz Vest Pocket Tenax (okay not Canadian sorry), a cup of Red Rose and a butter tart made by me. And I make THE BEST butter tarts :)

Camera, Tea and Butter Tart
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

What other camera board has folks bragging about the quality of their butter tarts? A good cup of Murchie's Canadian Breakfast would grace them.

What other camera board has folks bragging about the quality of their butter tarts? A good cup of Murchie's Canadian Breakfast would grace them.

Ah we'll be baking the butter tarts again very soon! Psst the secret is the Gibson's Canadian Whiskey :)

Ah we'll be baking the butter tarts again very soon! Psst the secret is the Gibson's Canadian Whiskey :)

Just make damned sure it is Canadian. None of that corn-based bilge from south of the border. ;o)

Having lived on both sides of the border I enjoy the jovial, and sometimes not so jovial, cross border sniping and commentary. "Peace, Order, and Good Government," not just a catchy slogan but a good way of doing things. And I'm off to brew a pot of Murchie's Orange Pekoe. I think they have slipped a bit in the last few years and the changing of hands. Still good teas, though.

Back