Canada Canadian, eh?

haha thanks! Im a 15 year old amatuer photographer who has a very strong support with shooting with film. As you probably would guess, there aren't many here that do this, except for of course the odd hipster at my high school haha.

If no one from PEI was going to post...I was going to say that I am directly across from it at my summer cottage...in NB. It is my favorite subject matter!

Moved here 20 years ago from Ontario so I could shoot the landscape around Lethbridge, Alberta. Still shooting film and wet printing.

Brandon,MB once retired plan to move back to the coast,few years yet the winters here are killers:)

I was born and raised in Southern Ontario. After getting married we spent four years in Manitoba, (brrrr!) five years in British Columbia's Okanagan region, (brrrr again!) and have now been on Fogo Island (off the northeast coast of Newfoundland) for five years. We have no plans to ever move away from this amazing place. Compared to Manitoba and the BC Interior, winters in Northern NL feel downright balmy!
Glen

I was under the impression winters in the Okanagan were warm (Canadian warm) compared to Manitoba!

Nope, winters in the North Okanagan are frigid! In fact -30C is quite common in the area from Salmon Arm to Kelowna, (we lived mid-way, in Armstrong) and -40C is not unheard of. So these temps are similar to southwestern Manitoba, only without the praries' ridiculously high windchill factor added to the mix. Summers, however, are blistering hot in the Okanagan; with temperatures often exceeding 40C.

Glen

From the good ol' 604. missing it a little, but when i think of how expensive it has become that nostalgia disappears right quick!

True to the Great White North but stuck for now in paradise. Recognize the postal code anyone?

Attachments

• 8295285613_8f60778144.jpg
    8295285613_8f60778144.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
Been holding onto this ad for over 30 years. Thought it might be apropos!

Attachments

• Leica Canada039.jpg
    Leica Canada039.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
Hi there. Currently in Maple, Ontario (just north of Toronto). Born in Kingston at the other end of Lake Ontario.

Back