Canada Canadian, eh?

Hi there

This is an old thread, I know, but just wondering if we have someone in Ottawa, other than me.

I'm all up for a RF meeting some time!

Cheers!

speaking of ottawa, was it one of you lot with the large format camera on the beach by the river bike path (whatever it's called...) on Saturday? I totally freaked out when I saw that. almost as random as the guy practicing the bagpipes at the bottom of Parliament Hill that I saw on saturday as well.

is it possible to tune bagpipes...?

i grew up in nyc and like big cities...

Bring a lot of money with you Joe. I'm originally from Don Mills (north-east Toronto), and every time I visit I hardly recognize the city anymore (I definitely couldn't afford to move back there). They've definitely gone condo-crazy there. Can't imagine having one of those balcony units close to the Gardiner Expressway.

Ottawa would probably be my choice if I moved back -- smaller, probably less exciting than Toronto, colder winters for sure, but more my pace at the moment.

i would like to live in toronto or vancouver if i could…for various/differing reasons.

I'm sure you're familiar with Gordon Lightfoot's advice:

"Oh the skyline of Toronto is something you'll get on to, but they say you gotta live there for a while. And if you got the money you can get yourself a honey, with a written guarantee to make you smile. But it's snowin' in the city, and the streets are brown and gritty, and I know there's pretty girls all over town. But they never seem to find me, and the one I left behind me is the reason that I'll be Alberta bound. Alberta bound, Alberta bound, it's good to be Alberta bound....."

Back