Canon LTM Canon Lens Price & Info Guide - updated again

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
what does the canon 7 sell for these days?
KEH has them for $119.00 and $144.00, in thier "BGN" shape.
they also have the ascessory coupler.

CLEAN Canon 7's with a good, working meter and few shutter wrinkles can get $ 200, else most in the $ 125 - $ 150 range on ebay in the last month or so

Dan

Last edited:
Yes, my site was hacked about 10 days ago. Network Solutions has cleaned the site, but I still am awaiting google to remove the attack site label. The site is safe now.

thanks
Dan

thanks for the "all clear", Dan -- i saw the malware notice a week or so ago and was wondering what the story was -- glad to hear it's all taken care of (hopefully it wasn't too much hassle for you)

I was just thinking that google was paranoid.... so I ignored the warning and continued to browse :(

now I am paranoid - any idea what was installed?

I was told by Network Solutions only a few pages out of the 50 or so pages I have had some malware. To be careful, scan your machine for trojans/viruses. There are many free programs to do this if you dont already have anti-virus software.

The whole thing sucks eggs.... I still am awaiting a google review of my site - not until they deem my site clean, will they take the warning off. Firefox also is throwing warnings...

Dan

What's a fair price for a 7s and 100mm f/2? The 7s has an SSN engraved on the bottom but is otherwise in very nice shape. At the moment the RF is a bit off, may get that fixed before I sell it (cap covering the adjustment screw is not wanting to come off right now, may try stopping by a jeweler's and seeing if they have a proper tiny spanner wrench I can use to loosen it). Meter, film advance, and all shutter speeds are working. It came with a few misc accessories: an old vinyl (?) bag with a corduroy interior, ever-ready case, original user's manual, a Vivitar flash w/ wall plug, etc.

The 100mm is also in great shape, although seems to have been re-assembled incorrectly as one or two screws are mismatched and RF patch doesn't line up at infinity. Checking with ground glass it is actually in focus at infinity though. DAG quoted me $80 to fix it, but I may just want to sell it and let the next owner decide what to do with it. It has a Canon rear cap but no front cap, did come in a lens case labeled "APO LANTHAR".

(disclaimer: not a passive-aggressive "for sale" ad, just weighing my options as far as offsetting the cost of repairing the 50mm f/1.2 that came with them, which was what I was really after. I do know the longer I keep this stuff around, the more I want to keep it. The 7s especially surprised me, finder is nicer than my Bessa's!)

Dan, I read, off and on that a Canon Camera Holder is a useful piece of hardware to use. Saw one on e-bay a long while ago. I even bought one. Was I surprised when I tried to mount it on my P! It was a no-go on the 7 also. Are these things rare or perhaps is the L, the one I need, so useful no one sells the one THEY found?

Dan --
I'm happy to find you here; I've been a huge fan of your site since I took up photography again after a 30 year price-induced hiatus. I wanted to let you know for your Canon RF page that twice in the last month I've seen the Canon 35mm f/1.5 lens go for $1000-1200. I think one would be hard pressed to get one for the $580 you list as a recent high.

HI Sparrow

Thanks for the feeback - however, my page hasnt had an update since May 2010 and there have been some spikes in certain collectible lenses - but I havent had a chance to update my prices yet.... soon...... As for the 35/1.5.... its not such an exotic or rare lens that it should sell for anywhere near $ 1000 typically, but I am tracking ebay sales.... $ 587 was the high on ebay for the lens last Spring... Heck, look at post # 41 in this thread - it had the 35/1.5 at $350 a few years ago...times change...

Best
Dan

Last edited:
Back