Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 50mm F1.5 Limited Edition Nikon S Mt 1st Photos

I just posted 42 shots on our Flickr site. this is an informal, very informal test of 3 different Sonnar 50f1.5's. One is the Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f1.5, one the Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f1.5 and the third one a vintage 50f1.5 Sonnar from my Contax IIa. I wanted to try out the the two Contax/Nikon mounts on alternate cameras (Contax on the R2S and the SC Sonnar on the Contax and see if I could find the much vaunted "focus shift").
Ok, truth be told, the sun was shining and I wanted to shoot some Kodak +X and Acros 100.
They were all shot with Acros 100 and I was trying to drop the contrast a bit. I used Beutler (home-made) and at 1part A,1partB and 10 parts of water, 7 minutes (3 turns/60 sec).

Just added 10 shots to our Flickr site. Tag on to "Sonnarism" and there are a set of close focus shots of the usual chair and sticky notes! Shot with the SC Sonnar 50f1.5, a Contax 50f1.5 and a Millenium Nikkor 50 f1.4 (I managed to squeeze one shot in with the SC mount Nokton 50f1.5 at f1.5 too before the end of the roll!). Shot on Kodak Plus X moviestock (EK 5231) rated at 80 asa and developed in Beutler for 7 min (1 part A, 1 part B and 10 parts of water).

Here are some of my recent shots with S-mount Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5 and Nikon S2. I used Ilford FP4+ which is "souped" in new Ilfosol 3, 1+9, 20C, 4min. Enjoy. :)

@ f/1.5:

@ f/1.5:

@ f/1.5:

@ f/1.5:

@ f/2:

@ f/2:

@ f/1.5:

@ f/4:

@ f/4:

If you click the photos, you can find the larger versions on my Flickr-page.

Last edited:
Jari
Great shots!
When looking at those I get the urge to put my Sonnar on my S32000 and take a roll....
Jon

For $1200
Believe it, it's true.

Kiu

Yep, the serial number is in range of other lenses starting from 15715***. So, if only 300 were made, that one is number 219. Warranty card seems to be "National Warranty" -type. I hope it goes to good home, although I'm not related to seller or that lens.

I would guess that most people (at least outside Japan) with this lens will from time to time visit this site, so it would be interesting to see who has the lowest and highest serial number....

From what I can see on the few posts here I have the lowest with 087 and TomA has the highest with 284. Anyone higher or lower ??

Jon

Hi,

i have attached a picture taken with #203.
I had to crop it a bit.

Ciao
joerg

Attachments

• 011lr.jpg
    011lr.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
Mine is #108 (as pictured at the start of this thread ;)) and I spotted #246 at a store in Tokyo last weekend (priced at 97,800 yen).

From what I can see on the few posts here I have the lowest with 087 and TomA has the highest with 284. Anyone higher or lower ??

Jon

Sorry Jon, Finns beat Swedes in this match. Mine is #012. :) I think it's the lowest number I have seen.

Here is one recent photo taken with my Nikon S2 and S-mount Sonnar 50/1.5 at f/2.8.
Film was Tri-X souped in D-76:

Misty morning

Jari!

****!.... but I can live with a Finn taking over the lead of low numbers as long as we keep it here in the Nordic countries (where by the way no shop as I understand it has sold the lens... - I wonder if there are more people in this part of the world with this lens ??)

:)

Nice photo by the way!

/Jon

I wonder if there are more people in this part of the world with this lens ?

Jon, I'm glad you liked my photo. I bought my lens from the same source as you did - Japan. :) I don't know any other guy in my country, who owns that lens, because Nikon RF cameras are not so common here. I can ask from local Zeiss importer/distributor in Finland, if they ordered any of those lenses to their customers. But I don't think they did that.

Sonnar pics

Sonnar pics

Hi,

two more pics with THE SONNAR.:D

Ciao

joerg

Attachments

• 50820033-rffw.jpg
    50820033-rffw.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 50820032-rffw.jpg
    50820032-rffw.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 0
We just came back from 3 weeks in Europe (Photokina/Sweden/France) and my "main" 50mm was the M-mount SC Sonnar 50f1.5. It is still one of my favourite 50's - even if I have a lot of other 50's (including the much vaunted 50f1.4 Aspg Summilux). Once back, I put the M's aside and loaded up a couple of Nikon Rf's and put the SC Sonnar on one and my "freebie" 35f2.5 on another. It was one of these long swaps and when I met my friend in Mulheim at the swap a couple of weeks ago, he said "OK, at last we can even out the account. Here is a 35f2.5 for you". That's on my beater SP at the moment which was a freebie too a long time ago! Like the idea of a SP/35f2.5 at no cost - even though both of them have heavy battle scars. Well, I dont have to baby either one of them.

how do they work together Tom?

how do they work together Tom?

I'm talking lens combining really; I wish I could find a fast Nikon RF fit
28mm that emulates the character of /can be used together with my 50/1.5
Sonnar. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thyanks.

Back