North Carolina Charlotte this weekend. Any tips?

Nice indeed. Sorry again that I missed it!

We should try and get another regional outing put together soon!

Thanks Jeff. Yes we ought get organized. I admit I never made it to one coordinated by Dave L while he was still active here. Unfortunately I will soon be, er, considerably less married than I have been, but a useful byproduct of that is that I can now travel for things like this without coordinating my schedule or having to get expenses authorized. :)

--Dave

Dave,

You posted within seconds of me ... Does Cardinal not have a store in Charlotte?

They're an interesting one and maybe I should have put them in my list. Yes a year ago (I think it was) a Cardinal opened very near to me where a Wolf had died. (That sounds zoologically funny...) I visited once; they had a very small selection of film (maybe Gold/similar and chromogenic B&W, I think) and one or two pedestrian film SLRs (FM10s or the like) amongst their used kit. So in my narrow (snobby?) way of defining camera store greatness by their commitment to film, Cardinal lands somewhere about 25% of the way along the continuum from Wolf/Ritz mediocrity to full-on pro shop like Biggs. It's better than what had been there; useful for a film emergency, being half an hour nearer to my house than Biggs are.

--Dave

Hey Dave thanks for the tip on Biggs. I'll be needing some HC-110 soon & it looks like there is room enough, looking at google street view to park my truck. That was a Wolf/Ritz Camera on the corner of Independence @ Sharon Amity that was torn down to make room for, I think a Walgreens. Independence is so screwed up with construction it's good to stay away unless you have to work the area like I do. Hope we can schedule a RFF meet sometime in the spring/summer.

Thanks for the heads up on Cardinal. I found them while Googling for this last meetup. I will plan on Biggs instead!

And yes, a spring meet would be great!

Train museum in Spencer is great if you like trains, also the King's mountain nature park has awesome views
If you have time, go to the blueridge mountains, many nice spots in there

PS... sorry i didn;t realize this thread was years old!

Ha! I live an hour away and know nothing! We tend go up for shopping and that is about it.

I am trying to rearrange my commitment on Saturday!

Back