Illinois Chicago Fall Meetup. Please?

Mabbo - yep - we are hard to miss :)
look for the camera bags and then the hardware on the table

They won't seat us until we say we are all there - so We will try to get a table for 4, wait for 3-4 people , then add chairs if others come

Saw this too late. Woulda been fun.
I got our to North Ave Beach this morning (like most weekends)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
Thanks everyone for coming, I enjoyed seeing everyone and hearing about your gear and how you use it. Very nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Peter's M9 and X100s
11393393203_05da3fa613.jpg

Peter and Michael w/his M240
11393263085_f5bf686ac7.jpg

Tony w/Sam's M7
11393262125_ec4c28b350.jpg

The Money Shot - Peter - M9, Marc - MP, Michael - M240, Tony - Canon ? / 50 1.2, Sam - Leica CL, M7 and Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5
11393260675_72eb7a6fa8_c.jpg

The Crew: Tony, Sam, Marc, Peter, Michael
11393266976_ee310339e5.jpg

A great time...

A great time...

Thanks, everyone, for an entertaining and enlightening Sunday afternoon.

BTW, Tony's Canon is a VT.

Thanks everyone for a wonderful meet-up. Love the show and tell. BTW, the Canon is a VT. Sorry for not bringing more.

I was at the opera, listening to a beautiful Russian soprano in "La Traviata" and thinking about this meeting. Fortunately, I like opera enough, but I wasn't too happy that I missed this meeting with kindred spirits.

Still, I took my newly acquired M4 (with a 'cron 50 on it) and did some street shots, despite the cold. Did you guys take a walk or just stayed at Sel Marie?

From the photo, looks like Tony and I would have been the only meterless camera users for the day... I was planning on showing up with my M4-2 (another favorite of mine) or one of my M5 bodies.

I seem to have another opera in January, but if someone is up for another gearfest with coffee, count me in (as long as it doesn't coincide with our opera day, sorry).

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

From the photo, looks like Tony and I would have been the only meterless camera users for the day... I was planning on showing up with my M4-2 (another favorite of mine) or one of my M5 bodies.

Not in the photos were Marc's beautiful Contax and NK S2. Hope to see your gear if we were to meet next year around Christmas. Perhaps I'll bring my nickel III with different finders.

I'll probably be available, let's just find a good time for everyone.

I learned something pretty interesting, autofocus speed on an X100 with the latest FW is pretty close to the X100s. Sort of takes the edge off that particular case of GAS.

I seem to have another opera in January, but if someone is up for another gearfest with coffee, count me in (as long as it doesn't coincide with our opera day, sorry).

Perhaps I'll bring my nickel III with different finders.

I would love to see your III......... I tried really hard to make it but because of the weather the South Shore train was not running on Sat. and when I finally made it to the city I did not have time for all my obligations.

I was at the opera, listening to a beautiful Russian soprano in "La Traviata" and thinking about this meeting. Fortunately, I like opera enough, but I wasn't too happy that I missed this meeting with kindred spirits.

Still, I took my newly acquired M4 (with a 'cron 50 on it) and did some street shots, despite the cold. ...
That would be Marina Rebeka - the best Violetta I will see in this lifetime. Apologies for going AWOL from Chicago RFF lately: I've been crazy busy with work. I plan to make the next gathering. Solares with an M4? I thought you were an M5 junkie. :)

Back