Illinois Chicago - Spring 2013 RFF meet-up

marcr1230

Well-known
Local time
6:45 PM
Updated - The Chicago RFF Group will meet at Cafe Selmarie in Lincoln Sq. at 12:30 , April 14.

Any interest in a Chicago RFF get together ?
How about Sunday 4-14 ?

We can meet / chat / eat / drink and of course show off gear and maybe even a photo or 2. There is a Cubs game at 1:20 so if we want to get some street shooting in that would be a good scene. Julius Meinl on Southport is a good spot if anyone wants to shoot the environs of Wrigley. Otherwise we could do the usual and meet in Lincoln Square.

Wrigley had free bike valet parking on game days (no tickets required)
otherwise public transport ( Brown Line to Southport etc)

Thoughts ? suggestions ?

We've met at Cafe Selmarie in Lincoln Square, but there are many others there , Le Cafe, The Grind, and Julius Meinl come to mind

I'm in, and so is my M4 (recently restored to top health by DAG). Still waiting to meet the elusive Ken Ford. :)

Ken Ford is alive and well!!

I know Selmarie. Time to lobby with my (absolutely) better half... :)

What's the meeting time? Before or after the game starts?

The Game is at 1:20, we could do it 2 ways , meet early at Julius Meinl of Southport, say 11:00, chat till 12:00/12:30, go out and shoot a bit (the game starts at 1:20) and then disperse. Other plan, optional meet at 12:00 at Wrigley, split up and shoot for an hour, then meet at Meinl at 1:30. Third option, don't shoot at all - because we are really just gear-heads, meet at Selmarie in Lincoln Square

Opinions ?

The Game is at 1:20, we could do it 2 ways , meet early at Julius Meinl of Southport, say 11:00, chat till 12:00/12:30, go out and shoot a bit (the game starts at 1:20) and then disperse. Other plan, optional meet at 12:00 at Wrigley, split up and shoot for an hour, then meet at Meinl at 1:30. Third option, don't shoot at all - because we are really just gear-heads, meet at Selmarie in Lincoln Square

Opinions ?

You guys meet whenever you want, but I won't be going anywhere near Wrigley - I used to live in the neighborhood, and try to avoid it on game-days. Once you all decide, I'll just meet up with you once you are away from all the Meatheads. Once again, I'm fine with whatever the majority chooses to do.

You guys meet whenever you want, but I won't be going anywhere near Wrigley - I used to live in the neighborhood, and try to avoid it on game-days. Once you all decide, I'll just meet up with you once you are away from all the Meatheads. Once again, I'm fine with whatever the majority chooses to do.

Jan, you gave me a chuckle...Meatheads shouldn't be capitalized :)
I lived in Wrigleyville for 4 years and pretty much share the same sentiment. Sorry guys.
Is there a reason the loop is not an option?

Jan, you gave me a chuckle...Meatheads shouldn't be capitalized :)
I lived in Wrigleyville for 4 years and pretty much share the same sentiment. Sorry guys.
Is there a reason the loop is not an option?

Tony,

I consider "Meatheads" a sub-species ( akin to "Troglodytes" ), hence the capitalization.

I am now available for the 14th and willing to go with what ever plan is decided on.
(I am a experienced photographer of Meatheads)

Hmmm... on a game day, parking would be a problem for us, coming in from abroad (that is, not Chicagoland). I like option 2 but would not mind not shooting and meeting at Selmarie to converse at noon (do they sell brews there?).

Back