Illinois Chicago - Spring 2013 RFF meet-up

Ok - I've set up a google group, if you'd like to be included in very infrequent emails regarding upcoming RFF-Chicago events, please subscribe or send me your email address and I will add it.

the group page is:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/rff-chicago

I've never used this , so bear with me, I'll send out a couple test emails to confirm everything works once we have some subscribers

There is a pay lot near the brown line station a block or two away, as well as street parking (which is hard to find) and neighborhood parking which if you are patient usually works ok.

Street parking is a bit easier a couple blocks north of Lawrence where there's no permit required parking. Just pay attention to the signs.

Looks like our lousy weather might break this weekend. Finally.

i spoke to Selmarie today and asked to reserve a table - they won't do that as it is their busy time. They will seat only when all the party is there.

We'll probably do like last time, grab a table for 4-6 people when the first 3-4 show up, and as people join, add chairs etc.

So we need a core group that can make it as close to 12:30 as possible
I'll be there a little before 12:30

Marc.

Sorry folks I'm out. Still working. Thanks for all who organize this. One of these meet ups I will make. Take a good pic for me and have a ball. Andy

Great meeting today, thanks everyone for coming.
8 of us showed up.

We had enough Leicas on the table to open a dealership
We also had Ben Syverson and his prototype 4x5 camera - amazing!

Rico brought his gleaming IIIb - I need one. also an M4 I think
Sam brought the "3 times a charm" Rolleiflex, M9 et. al.
Ken had Leicas and lens galore and lots of stories.
Liam showed up like a dog with tail between the legs, he has been orders to produce digital output :)
Jay - I think that was an M-2 and a Contax T2?
Don had a IIIf and ?
I had my usual stuff - not a Nikon crowd though...

I'm leaving out a lot - the place was nice, took a while to get a table. Note to self, next time later in the day, not the brunch crunch time.
There was an interesting display photos from a local photo club.

I didn't spend much on lunch, but the outing may cost me thousands if the GAS temptations don't stop.

Why wait for your dreams? You can be haunted right now!

summilux50b2.jpg

Good to see the gang again, and meet Ken at last. He and Liam are pushing Sony NEX, but I'm sticking with (small) DSLRs for P&S duty. :)

One of the fun things about gatherings of photographers is that you never know what's going to show up on your roll or memory card afterward! I have no idea who took this when my NEX-7 was being passed around... :D

RFF-Meet_zps496c30a4.jpg

Back