Crazy about the Biogon-C 35mm - pics thread

^---- a graceful response. More like this from all of us (myself not omitted), please! And lots more photos taken with the Noisy Cricket (Biogon C)... I just scanned another 3 rolls from Japan so I'll probably post a couple tonight. :D

Last edited:
It's plenty small. If it was any smaller, handling would suffer. Also, it's nice to have that wide filter ring because you can stack filters without vignetting.

I dislike the handling compared to my Summicron. I don't like 1/3 stops, and I also don't like the lack of focusing tab. I'll check the length, but it certainly seems much bigger than my v3 cron. The images it takes are great though.

I dislike the handling compared to my Summicron. I don't like 1/3 stops, and I also don't like the lack of focusing tab. I'll check the length, but it certainly seems much bigger than my v3 cron. The images it takes are great though.

I have yet to find a small lens with handling that's really better than an acquired taste. As much as I like tab focus now, if I'm honest about it, when I first got my M6 it took me months -- and a lot of practice -- to really "get" the tab mechanisms on my 50 'cron-M and 35 'lux ASPH so that they were instinctive. Oh, sure, they were buttery smooth from the start, and nice to play with. It just took awhile to get to the point where I could focus accurately, fast.

I accommodated to the Biogon-C faster than with those other lenses. The DR 'cron is where it's really at, though. But maybe that's because I first used an M3 with a DR when I was 7 or 8 years old....

Last edited:
^---- a graceful response. More like this from all of us (myself not omitted), please! And lots more photos taken with the Noisy Cricket (Biogon C)... I just scanned another 3 rolls from Japan so I'll probably post a couple tonight. :D

Yes Indeed it was very graceful so thank you Mister E. And do post more pics. O love Japan, yet never been

I had Cron 35 v3 until last month. While I can't compare side by side since the Cron is already gone, I don't see any size increase in actual use. 43mm filter size makes C-Biogon look bigger in pictures. And again, not needing hood makes C-B even smaller than Cron v3 because Hood was a must on that lens (at least my copy was) It's subjective and I have no intention of dissing Cron or blindly praising the C-B. In real use, I see size difference between the two are neglectable to me.

Tab vs focus ring is really a personal choice, and coming from Cron v3, I see no problem with C-B but I'm also used to other ring only lenses and lens that has both tab and ring like Nikkor-HC 50/2. C-B actually has a small bump on the ring that can act as tab with finger tip focusing. I find that quite useful, but I need more time with the lens to form my opinion.

It's just that I see no problem with this lens' ergonomics, but again, I'm used to smaller lenses like Elmar 50/3.5 (lever only), Elmar-M (ring only) and 28/3.5 (tiny lever only for focusing) so any of these lenses including C-B could use some getting used to if you are used to big lenses.

Edit:
And dfoo, I agree with you about 1/3 f stops. While digital and slide film folks probably appreciate it, I shoot b/w film only I don't even bother with 1/2 stops. My guess-meter is not that accurate anyway, and even when I use light-meter, I just round up to next larger aperture and deal with it in darkroom. But again, M8/M9/R-D1 users might like 1/3 stops.

Last edited:
Interesting about the flare. I don't find my V3 cron flares badly at all. I typically don't use a hood with it. Of course, I don't find the biogon-c flares at all either. The most flare prone lens I've owned was the CV 28/1.9.

For those that use this lens, do you use a hood and if so, which one? Do you use a protective filter? Based on your answer to the above, how well controlled is flare?

I ask these questions because B&H doesn't list a lens hood as part of the boxed product.

I think this lens takes harsh lights very well. (and preserves highlight and shadow details well, too)

I'm planning to run a B+W MRC UV filter with no hood.

10%209%3A34%3A37%20AM.jpg

Sug, thanks for comparison shots. A picture speaks thousand words...

Last edited:
I must fault Kris for his postings and the sale of his equipment. He just cost me more outlay of hard earned income. Also, thanks to all of you that aided him in his diabolical scheme. I just ordered the lens.

To avoid confusion, I purchased a M-Hexanon lens off the RFF from him a few weeks back.

Last edited:
I must fault Kris for his postings and the sale of his equipment. He just cost me more outlay of hard earned income. Also, thanks to all of you that aided him in his diabolical scheme. I just ordered the lens.

To avoid confusion, I purchased a M-Hexanon lens off the RFF from him a few weeks back.

You are welcome. Well, I'm one of the fallen after seeing his thread. :p

Here's some more from my C-Biogon 35.

expired1.jpg

expired2.jpg

Yes, the Parking meters say EXPIRED

LOL!

The back of the gravestone says "Fear the Lord and tell the people what you want"

This man had a sense of humor for sure!

Ok, this one goes in its own post, in case the mods kill it.

anal-sex-bike1.jpg

I was driving down Spy Run Avenue in downtown Fort Wayne when I stopped at the light at the corner of Spy Run and Fourth Street. There's an old building there that is home to a skateboard shop and a tattoo shop. This bike was in front of the tattoo place and my jaw dropped when I saw the sticker on the bike. :eek:

Naturally, I had to stop and photograph it!

All photos posted here are making finding an used copy harder and harder! :D Last time one came up in Classifieds, it went in matter of minutes.

Back