CV 50mm 1.0 with M10 (in Italy- June 2022)

As you can see, the number of visitors was low.

Leica-Part1-Italy-294-X3.jpg

Leica-Part1-Italy-298-X3.jpg

Leica-Part1-Italy-301-X3.jpg

Leica-Part1-Italy-302-X3.jpg

Leica-Part1-Italy-304-X3.jpg

Leica-Part1-Italy-307-X3.jpg

Raid, you have posted a bunch of great photos! I am envious, having never been any good photographing people. That lens is a beauty!

Lovely photos, Raid. I like how the colors “pop” on many of your shots. The CV 50 served you well here and using mainly one lens for the trip gives your photos a consistent look which I think is appealing. I think your photos also show that less is indeed more where gear is concerned on such a trip. I just returned from a trip down a section of the Elbe River, and probably took too much gear. But the Leica CL digital and the CV Ultron 35mm f2.0 Vintage lens proved to be a good combination. Although I took over lenses, I could have shot the entire trip with just the Ultron and the Elmarit-TL 18mm f2.8 for interiors.

Thank you Steve. I have traveled before with just a 50mm lens. It works well. Was your trip to Germany?

Thank you Steve. I have traveled before with just a 50mm lens. It works well. Was your trip to Germany?

Yes, mainly. We started in Prague, then cruised the Elbe River, stopping at Dresden, Torgau, and Wittenberg, before heading to Potsdam and Berlin. A beautiful river, and my wife and I had never been to Berlin before so that was a treat.

Yes, mainly. We started in Prague, then cruised the Elbe River, stopping at Dresden, Torgau, and Wittenberg, before heading to Potsdam and Berlin. A beautiful river, and my wife and I had never been to Berlin before so that was a treat.

I grew up as a boy in Germany, so I am fond of these places too. Not everyone likes living in Berlin, though. Things were unsafe in Berlin shortly after the re-union of East and West Germany.

Raid, you have made Brescia an attractive city!!!

I'm surprise to see Venice not overcrowded as most of times!

It seems me you enjoyed your new tool !

This was our travel route:

Italy-trip-travel-plan-X3.jpg

The train ride from Verona to Venice and back was inexpensive.The driving was minimized. In 16 days, I drove 350km and then back same route.

I also took some photos with the iPhone XR during the trip to Italy.
Here is the link: https://raid.smugmug.com/Italy-2022-4-iPhoneXR/

I used the phone for street snapshots and when a wide angle lens was better suited than using the 50mm lens.

AQSIE7022-X3.jpg

They will look better if I edit them with PS.

IMG_E5653-X3.jpg

Panoramas are then possible too.

IMG_5722-X4.jpg

IMG_E5754-X4.jpg

In Verona:

IMG_5791-X4.jpg

In Venice:

IMG_5818-X4.jpg

Back