Washington DC DC/VA/MD Meetup?

We do have Film in Baltimore meet ups once or twice a month, if anyone is inclined to join, all are welcome. Even you dratted digital shooters.

Hogarth, I heard good things about the Baltimore meetup and might join you one day! Please keep us posted when/where the next meeting is.

That was enjoyable and glad to meet you folks in DC, and cool venue too, good choice, thanks for organizing so quickly!

Would love to stop by at the Baltimore event too one of these days.

Only a few people had replied about coming, so giganova spotted me and my old Canon IVsb2 and we just got a table and left the cameras arrogantly piled on the table figuring people would spot them pretty quickly. Also, two things -- one, any chance a mod (if there is one for here?) could sticky the thread? Second, does anyone have any of the X100/S/Ts? The aforementioned 45 rolls came in at a fairly dear $350 for dev & scanning costs, so I'm trying to decide whether a scanner would be a better purchase or if I'd get on well with a used X100T or wait for used Fs to appear...

Was typing out a reply last week but somehow didn't get to posting it. I wandered around the restaurant until I saw a table with two guys and two cameras. Arrogance worked in this case :) Hope this becomes more frequent and with better weather in the spring could also make a photo walk part of the agenda.

Okay, now I'm confused. Is it going to be Busboys and Poets for brunch, or merge with the Baltimore group at Zellas for dinner?

PF

Did anyone end up meeting? It totally slipped my mind (for whatever reason my calendar alert failed me). I was out with some medium format stuff around the mall last week when it was 75* out. Some of the more ambitious cherry blossoms were already making an appearance, though I suspect the return to high 30s/low 40s will punish the early-risers.

When does it normally hit peak season? I've got a roll or two of MF slide stuff and it's hard to find opportunities to justify its use now that it's nearing $20 a roll.

A mid-March cherry blossom RF walk? Velvia on a MF camera may be justifiable for that purpose.

Although for me the weekends of March 18th and 25th don't look good for getting to DC.

Anyone up for tomorrow? Unfortunately I have to be at school for a meeting at 2, but if we meet at 10 (or even 11 as was done before), it ought to be fine. Weather looks nice albeit brisk.

Thoughts?

10, or 11, for a couple hours is good with me. Weather forecast isn't too bad at all for early April. A photo walk outside after a camera and coffee session?

Back