Did you create a 2nd account ?

Thanks for setting this right. I had to register again as my email has changed since 2010!!

my original user name was ddutchison

Exasperated at the repeated inability of the software to send me a reset link by email (none turned up till today maybe 2 weeks on after God knows how many attempts) I tried to create a new ID. But it also failed. The response I got when I put my new credentials in was that my email address was already in use (presumably by me - under my old ID) and hence could not be used for my new ID. As I have no other email address extant, that meant not only could I not log in under my old ID, I could not reset my password, and neither could I create a new ID. Maybe something for the developers to think about how to rectify for other people in the same bind.
I can only presume some changes were made to the system as today after one final attempt to reset my password, following which I was going to chuck it in and quit trying, inexplicably it worked for the first time. Hence now no need to create a new ID.

Thank you all concerned.

I'm sorry, I understand that admins are very busy, but what's the point of creating this thread and replying only to some random requests?

Well I just created a new account and let it be, merging new former accounts seems to be too hard. Still, a worthwhile sacrifice for the way the site's been updated, it's way more user friendly which in turn means I can be a bit more involved here.

I created a new account 'rjbuzzclick2'. If possible, I would like to keep my original user name 'rjbuzzclick'. Thank you.

Reid

Just created this. I’ve tried an iPad Pro, Google Pixel 5, a twelve year old MacBook Pro, and a new MacBook Air M2, along with multiple browsers. I don’t have a Windows computer, if that’s what’s needed to use this forum. Every day reset attempts, since site migration, and not so much as a “f*** you and go away”, even on several Contact emails I’ve sent to here. My user name, since 2009, is my real name of Gordon Moat, and my email for that is [email protected]

I seriously hope this works. Should I just give up on this Forum?

If you created a second account because you could not log in, I can merge your old account info into the new one and all your data will be there as before under the new account.

I just need to know who has created a 2nd account.
I have created a second account. My original username was jajong. Please restore my original account. Cheers, Jan

Yes, this is a new account from when I couldn't log in under my old account.
Old account was Farside
New account is Farside II

Back