Digital Xpan coming?

i finally found my digital xpan:

iphone with the moment anamorphic lens
image.jpg

and it only costs $150 + $30 (for the regular case). my backorder should get here in a week or two.

The Sigma Quattro series cameras (DP and sd) all have a built in 21:9 crop mode. On the sdQH you end up with 16 megapixel panoramic shots. The framing can be set to blackout or as a darker transparent framing guide. The darker setup is great as it lets you see outside of the 21:9 frame. The RAW file has the full 3:2 data in it and Sigma's processing software auto crops based on the camera crop selected. AFAIK nobody else has a mode like this. Hopefully Sigma keeps this feature on the L mount cameras.

On an A7RII with the square framing guide turned on if you use the middle two rows for composition you end up with a 3:1 aspect ratio. The resulting crop is 21 megapixels. If you raise the height out to 21:9 you end up with 27 megapixels.

As far as 'look' there is no difference between a cropped shot and a non-swing lens panoramic camera.

Shawn

The Sigma Quattro series cameras (DP and sd) all have a built in 21:9 crop mode. On the sdQH you end up with 16 megapixel panoramic shots. The framing can be set to blackout or as a darker transparent framing guide. The darker setup is great as it lets you see outside of the 21:9 frame. The RAW file has the full 3:2 data in it and Sigma's processing software auto crops based on the camera crop selected. AFAIK nobody else has a mode like this. Hopefully Sigma keeps this feature on the L mount cameras.

The panorama mode on the Hasselblad X1D works in a similar way. The finder is masked to the panoramic format, but the camera takes a full images which the software can develop into a panorama.

Back