Votes: 190 19.8%
  • Mostly Film, Some Digital

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • All Digital

Votes: 55 5.7%
  • Mostly Digital, Some Film

Votes: 357 37.2%

• Total voters
I shot probably 80% digital, 20% now. It's the other way around when I don't have school. I just don't have the available time to develop+scan large quantities of film with full time school and 2 jobs. I love film more though :)

Mostly film, but digital comes in handy especially with GH1 so I can use old glass and also take video of my newborn.

Question is not clear. I take more digital pictures but more film pictures actually wind up being printed. Also a 50/50 choice would have been nice so wishy washy people like me can play the middle. ;-)

Mostly film shooting, digital workflow. Occasionally use a Pentax waterproof digi for fun summertime stuff!
I try out new digi cameras like the LX5, S90 etc. but get bored of them pretty fast.

99.8% film (all film for the poll) and .2 digital (for sale ads only).

I do scan and use a digital print service right now but hope to wet print only soon.

I have more film cameras than digital cameras, so I shoot more film than digital. But I make way more digital exposures than I do film exposures, so am I shooting more film or more digital?

/

I'm 100% b&w film, having converted from being all digital about 18 months ago. I love the process from capture to wet printing, and next week will see me putting the finishing touches on a dedicated b&w darkroom.

I do own a flatbed scanner for scanning prints and the odd negative, and can see possibly see myself shooting digitally for colour though. Finding an affordable and compact camera with a viewfinder and manual controls will decide how quickly the latter becomes a runner however.

Mostly digital for convenience, however I hope that will change as I just acquired M5. I still got full box of film in the freezer and all film developing equipment and the scanner.

It's all ready to go just need to find some time!!

Just curious, what kind of shooting do you do in that 1%?

It's just when I want to use an old camera like a Leica M or a boutique P&S... I don't care about the film aspect (most processing in NYC is horrible and my days in a wet darkroom are over), I care about those older cameras and how they are fun to use. Outside of that I use digital all the time for my "serious" work.

About 60% Digital 40% Film, Digi for color commercial work, Film for B&W personal and commercial work, and yes people still do pay for real B&W work. And appreciate the craft of a wet print.

I started with fm when that's all there was, moved to digital when kids arrived and most photography was centered around them. I have gotten back into to film exclusively for b&w. It seems to me, and my rank amateur opinions, that there is a quality to b&w film that is hard to replicate in digital. I have found that through using film, I am much more selective about what I shoot and hiw I shoot it.

Mostly Digital, better cost effective for me. But I do the Leica for a spin every now and then. My last outing was my Sons field trip at a local fire station. brought the CV 28mm f/1.9 ASPH and Fuji 200, I'll post a few in a week or two. I sent film out, than I scan them.

mostly digital but...

mostly digital but...

Since I work as a photographer that's the reason. I have put my view camera's away until I get my darkroom finished, and was
happily shooting digital with a new found interest in color. Then I bought a couple of fixed focal length lenses and "rediscovered" the joy of actually getting closer or further away from my subject to frame it...pretty soon I was thinking I have never owned a rangefinder camera...then I bought a Contax G2...and, I am having a blast shooting Ektar 100 in it! The whole film "scene" is so tactile, and I can't wait to the darkroom done and get back under the darkcloth! But, the G2 has found a place in my heart, for sure!

Back