Domestic Symphony

Lynn... Great input to the thread. I have no words...

I will try to share different moments of my family's life.

Lynn, your input has remenbered when I felt inside a strom, when my father was ill and was going to dead.

Some years later, the summer of 2016 my son was surfing and then, in an abrupt way, came a storm. He was enjoying so much that I decided to wait a bit more until to end the surfing session and I took the camera I had and made a photo:

"Storm is coming"

Have a good saturday...

This work is wonderful. Thanks so much for letting us glimpse into your families world.

Callahans images of Eleanor also come to mind and I think Leibovitz's most powerful work were the very personal images she made of Sontag and their struggle with Susan's cancer.

Dave and Bridger
Dave%20and%20Bridger%20sm.jpg

@ Lynn: strong image and strong words, difficult to add something.

Interesting thread, thanks you all for sharing these moments of your life with us.

robert

Shab - I saw this thread title and then saw it was you who started it and instantly wanted to see your images. The images you and others have shared so far, and their intimate stories are extraordinarily moving.

Thank you all for this trust, and I wish you the best of light.

Thank you jmilkins! :)

Today I have choosen a photograph that I made in Donostia-San Sebastian.

We went to "Haizearen Orrazia" (The comb of the wind in english) and we had a very "happy" moment. My daughter began to play with the wind, like another woman, so I took my m5 with the 35mm and made this picture. Hope you enjoy it:

I was scanning some film and I've found some film from the past (from two or three years ago). The I have seen this one... Look form the past...

That's a gorgeous photo, Shab. I hope you've printed it.

I think the comb of the wind photo is excellent - and fun - too. Thanks for sharing these.

Thank you very much Robert and Lynn.

Today I have selected a photo I made in 2017 (April). I like this photo a lot. Maybe it is too simple for you...

Here you have it:

It was april of 2014 and our youngest son had "anginas" and it was little surgery... after he was sore.

When he woke up he told me: "daddy, can you make me a portrait with your "Vietnamese pig"?" (we say "Vietnamese pig" to my Bronica EC camera).

So I took my beloved "Vietnamese pig" and made two portraits.

Here you have one of them:

Today, He still loves this portrait.

Have a nice day!

You made a great work with your "Vietnamese pig" Shab!
The intensity of your son's gaze is special and makes this photo an excellent portrait.
robert

This has become one of my favourite threads. Thanks Shab for sharing these special moments you have captured so well.

kind regards,

Thank you very much Robert and Lynn.

Today I have selected a photo I made in 2017 (April). I like this photo a lot. Maybe it is too simple for you...

Here you have it:

b4f594_e422e546d0134400a6667d25d0182803~mv2.jpg

Shab, somewhere in the world there might be one person who could find fault with this picture, but even that person would probably not complain that it is too simple. It is stunning, the subject and the moment, where you've placed him, the height at which you shot, the aperture chosen, the stillness, the composition, and then to double all of the above, the light.

There was a moment when everythind seemed dark, I thought:" I need to photograph the LIGHT, our light, our little moments. It was a way to smile and say: there is the light, we can shine, we can beleive in a better situation..."

I think it was the beggining, real beggining of very important things in our life. Then, when I saw some photographs I thought I had some special photos... for us.

So, what I'm sharing with you are some of those "light's moments".

Thank you , Shab, for sharing these with us and for demonstrating the use of the most important part of a photographer's kit--the heart.

Rob

You have a poetic eye, Shab. The poet George Oppen wrote, "True seeing is an act of love." To me your photographs suggest the depth that love can infuse into photographic vision and craft.

Ultimately, I think, we can expand our circles of love beyond family to the larger community. It seems to me that empathy, compassion, and love are among the main goals of art (and life).

John

Back